Dumaguete Info Search

BoI Info Best Posts in Thread: Why has the BOI website been down

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Well that will work out much better for you then. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    BOI Site Still up now.

Side note: I was at Immigration in Duma on Wednesday and they were not able to input the forms online for passengers who stayed in PI for over 6 months and 3 unfortunate souls were trying to get their paperwork in order to leave the country on Monday coming. BOI said they didn't know how to help as their computer was offline and had been for some time (at least a week) and maybe they could get it sorted out in Manila BOI or Manila airport :cautious: but they (BOI Duma) couldn't guarantee anything and that came from the man in charge. :sour: :poop:

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Based on that error message it appears they use Joomla and are having some database/config problems. No idea why I can see the page and others cannot though. Either way, it seems if the DOST would do a quick Google search they could have the issue resolved quickly.
    Error displaying the error page - Google Search
    That's about as much effort as I'm willing to invest in their problems. A free two month tourist visa extension offer would raise my motivation levels. lol

Since it seem I am one of the few that has access to their website, for whatever reason, if someone wants to know their visa status just send me a PM with what name I should be looking for on the list.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Very likely this is goes beyond the BoI's control. Their domain name points to DOST servers.....and DOST websites (along with any other website that is on their servers) are down as well. Not much you can do when your host can't even get their own website up and running.

To be down for over a month though.....that really shows some extreme ignorance/incompetence coming from the DOST. Great example of why I would never host a website in this country. When the government agency in charge of promoting and setting standards for science and technology can't even keep a website up it speaks volumes for the tech literacy rates in the country. Maybe they have too much "pride" to contact someone outside the department to help them fix the problem.

Screenshot (407).png

Screenshot (411).png
    Screenshot (408).png Screenshot (409).png

I'm certainly not even close to being an expert on troubleshooting server/IP problems but I think I would start by taking a look at the server's name server configuration and/or the DNS records if I were the DOST.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    lol Someone should remind them they need to register their domain name.
    http://whois.domaintools.com/immigration.gov.ph
    Immigration.gov.ph - Is Immigration Down Right Now?

Edit: before I posted this the domain name was showing as not registered. Looks like it is now.

Edit2: Looks like the Department of Science and Technology are the ones who host the immigration website.....and the DOST website is down as well. I suspect their servers are screwed up and they don't have anyone that actually knows a d*mn thing about "science and technology" in the Science and Technology department.

Try contacting immigration through their FB page or through one of these contact methods.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016