Dumaguete Info Search

BoI Info Why has the BOI website been down

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by horizon155, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Give it some time. If they made changes to the DNS records it will take time for that to propagate (maybe clear your browser's cache? :o o:).....or it could just be that Globe/Smart/PLDT suck at life and have screwed up something on their end.

Immigration.gov.ph - Is Immigration Down Right Now?
    This shows that it is up now. :wink:

2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    This sounds like a Freudian Slip that implies the BI is out to screw us: :mooning:

Full Definition of propagate
    prop·a·gat·edprop·a·gat·ing

1. transitive verb
    2. 1: to cause to continue or increase by sexual or asexual reproduction

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Back on topic:

horizon155 Maybe this link is what you are looking for?
    Agenda Verification

• Like Like x 1
  4. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I just tried it and got "Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Could not connect to MySQL." I'm running Chrome on Win10 Pro

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Still getting Page unavailable, Not that I want it But..................................:wideyed:

6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Based on that error message it appears they use Joomla and are having some database/config problems. No idea why I can see the page and others cannot though. Either way, it seems if the DOST would do a quick Google search they could have the issue resolved quickly.
    Error displaying the error page - Google Search
    That's about as much effort as I'm willing to invest in their problems. A free two month tourist visa extension offer would raise my motivation levels. lol

Since it seem I am one of the few that has access to their website, for whatever reason, if someone wants to know their visa status just send me a PM with what name I should be looking for on the list.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    horizon155

horizon155 DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I used a different browser and it worked.. It was approved on the 5th of may - how long until they get the ACR I card in Cebu for pickup? Any ideas?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Usually 1 month horizon155 is it due to be converted on or before May? or is this now your Permanent? I ask only that you are supposed to Sign and Pick up your Stuff in so many weeks.

9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    So.....the website being down for the last month didn't have much to do with you keeping up with the approval list? Maybe I'm not understanding correctly but it sounds like you hadn't checked up on your status for the last 10 months.....and would have missed your annual reporting requirements.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    You really need to keep ontop of this visa stuff,it wouldn't surprise me if they told you to start it all again as you are so late contacting them and updating!

• Agree Agree x 1