Dumaguete Info Search

Why i stopped going to (insert restaurant here).....

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Edward K, Sep 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    On a roll.... To keep my previous survey clean, post bitches here.......

2. Best Answer:
    Post #8 by Brian Oinks, Sep 13, 2018 (4 points)
  3. OP
    OP
    Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Pizza King takes the cake, used to be great, last two visits, pizza was marginal and the last vist, the carbonara sauce was completely curdled.
    (CORRECTION: PASTA King, Dustin, sorry 'bout that, in response to below)

Really like Azalea, good food, but they are "out of stock" too often.. Time to fix the business model / menu / inventory control... somehow..

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Where is Pizza King? First I've heard of that. Did you mean Pasta King?

5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    9 years here and can’t come up with five I could rank as a favorite.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Very striking I come up with same opinion. I go out for diner for a change a few times a week to avoid dining @home 7 days a week. But all in all even after so many years since 2008 almost each and every time wondering why I do so.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Do you think your opinion of a particular restaurant changes due perhaps to factors such as change of owner, changes in menu or even (if everything remains okay) boredom? If so, then it is difficult to name, say, a top 4 now, when next week we might have a different opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Today I solved a lunch dilemma - where do I go. So I went to the Why Not deli, bought a french bread roll, a good size slice of Farmers ham, and a few slices of black cheddar cheese. My wife fried the ham with the cheese on top, fried an egg sunny side up, put mustard on the bread, put the sandwich together, cut the sandwich in half, and made 2 sandwiches. I wish I had pickles to add. Couldn’t finish the two.
    Reminds me, I had the Thai Pad Thai Noodles with schrimp at Why Not before, acceptable dish, for here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  9. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Best Answer
    Tonight, the Wife is making Pizza for the Family, and I can vouch for it, that it will taste better than anything available in Dumaguete! :wink: Often Home made is the best option if you simply want it done right! :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    why-i-stopped-going-to- many different places is the price went up. I can understand creeping prices due to inflation but so many places hold the line on their prices for a long time and they become my favorite go-to place and then suddenly they double the price. Example: Sans Rival. Until a couple of years back they offered a slice of lasagna with a fountain coke for 72 pesos and suddenly WHAM it was double. Put me right off. I still go there from time to time as it is not a bad deal but I could not tell you what the price is now. I only remember prices when it is a favorite dish at a favorite price and I am on a budget. For example (touch wood it will be there a while longer) I have a favorite place that offers a breakfast special with bacon, eggs, toast, jam and brewed coffee for 135 pesos. They have had that special ever since they opened 4 years ago. Every time I go in there I fear they will have eliminated it from their menu but so far it's still good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Agree about doing it yourself brian,we had thai green curry last night and chillie tonight. Not quite sure the gf likes this sort food all the time though. I know if im not about it would revert back to boiled fish with a kg of rice to wash it down with.

• Agree Agree x 2