Dumaguete Info Search

Why i stopped going to (insert restaurant here).....

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Edward K, Sep 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Any directions to find these restaurants would be helpful to check it out.

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 3
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    The first map shows Adamo and Alima. The best way to locate them is to go to Silliman Hospital (most know that location), look for the 7 Eleven opposite and to the left (with your back to the hospital) and use the map below.

Salaya is signposted (left turn) from the South Highway BEFORE Dauin coming from Dumaguete. It is signed from that road. See the second map below. Adamo and Alima.PNG Salaya.PNG

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I have driven past the shown location for Adamo and not seen it. Is that the correct spot? Perhaps I need to look with my eyes (as my first wife used to tell me when I was looking in the fridge and could not see the beer.)

4. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    It IS where Adamo is located and it is actually on the CORNER of Tindalo St (assuming that street is so named all the way to the highway) and Molave St (useful to park in this street if Adamo's car park is full).

Another way to find it would be to travel northwards on the main highway and pass Aldecoa Drive (on your right) - do not turn into it - then turn right at the next turning (IMMEDIATELY after SEA OIL). Adamo is just before the first left turn (into Molave Street).

I understand if you missed it as when I go there with my wife I always end up saying "Oh, are we here?" - it is quite a small frontage and set back a little. If you still cannot find it then we can arrange for me to meet you at the Sea Oil garage and I will take you there.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  5. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I bet many on this site could find the beer blindfolded and in a straitjacket. :smile:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    the classic discussion, I find it funny, cz tastes are so different...some guys like dried fish, and are complaining it is not good enough here and there, others want their Filet Mignon, it is not good enough here and there...so cmon guys, we are in the Philippines, and here in Dumagute, things are getting better and better in my eyes, what a wide range of choices of food for everyone, native, mexican, indian, thai, chinese, german, french, swiss etc, I find it incredible - I can fill my stomache every day and i am satisfied and I can ignore the cheap stuff from Chowking, McDo, Jollybee, Inasal etc easily - I am really happy here because I know where to find what I want and I get it - this is not natural compared to other places in this Country - here is everything for everyone, except you are an spoiled 5 star Michelin guide user….Only thing I worry about is the street kitchens, they are by far not so great like in Thailand, Cambodia etc ….

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    This is a thread about "why I stopped going to a certain restaurant". If you wish to wear rose-colored glasses and think everything is fantastic there are threads for that. Please don't come and p*ss on the moaner's thread and tell us it's raining. Let us have our rant.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Genius Genius x 1
  8. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Had a look at Adamo's facebook page and it only opens at 5 pm. Must be busy in the evenings!

9. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    They originally opened at lunchtimes but then stopped. The owner is very astute so he must have done his sums.

10. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Can we PLEASE just have a RANT THREAD .... I love reading them.

• Funny Funny x 2