Dumaguete Info Search

Why i stopped going to (insert restaurant here).....

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Edward K, Sep 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86

Dude.. you are in Dumaguete.. not Paris France.. Rum is King in the Philippines...

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You forget to make some research before you move to the Philippines? Redwine a la' Chateau Petrus Pomerol Bordeaux and restaurant with Michelin stars if that what you want you are in the wrong spot sir haha

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. cyberspacecadet

cyberspacecadet DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Do not assume because one branch of a restaurant is good,other branches will also be good. Example: Sr. Pedros lechon manuk in Dumaguete by the fire station park. Bought in Sibulan, lechon was very good. Bought in Dumaguete, terrible with lots of added salt, almost uneatable, waste of 200php. I will give it to the dogs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    May I ask where that is or do you fear a rush will mean "out of stock sir" for you?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    You responded "agree" Mr DH - so now I will not tell Mr W(r) where to buy the best fish n' chips.

6. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Not so much "out of stock" but foreigners have a very bad habit of telling owners that the meal and the price are "so great they could easily charge more" and the next thing you know my favorite meal is double the price. (Some exaggeration you think? See my rant in the pizza thread to see I do not exaggerate more than slightly.)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have come across this here when I am told "But so & so will pay this much" I simply tell them to ''go and see so & so and deal with them then.'' Of course you cannot do that with a Restaurant, but I have noticed some foreigners who come here for a Holiday, do like to talk it up and say how cheap things are here compared to back home, making it that bit harder for us who reside here fulltime.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    And btw, what is it with food emporiums here that seem to conflate quality with buffet? I could take a pop at the “unli rice merchants” here; the there is a lot of it = good rabble. But I’ll confine my remarks to hotel breakfast buffets. Stuffing your gut with the lunch equivalent of 5 bottles of coke per hit is not good for the pancreas, particularly if it arrives with the contents of a baby’s nappy recently scraped from the bowels of a buffet container. Later. I promise.

Unhygienic and a pathway to severe gastro-intestinal inconvenience, the Filipino Hotel breakfast buffet. The modus operandi - usually left to moulder and stew for hours without a thought for keeping it hot. Hardly the best way to greet a guest first thing. But guests keep lapping it up in front of signs warning people to finish their plates first (the hospitality Stasi are watching your every move) before they swarm like flies back toward those silver fly traps. And do finish your conversations and hurry up, others would be better served by a UN relief convoy whilst you dither in front of the congee. I digress.

The toasting machine never toasts properly, mega-tonnes of crumbs from months ago congeal beneath the revolving tray as an insipid element warms sugary bread at the same power the Sun heats Pluto. The cafetière is either empty or has been cooling there for aeons whilst gormless staff wander or stand about doing nada. The omelette station looks like a field dressing station circa the Crimean War so you proceed back to the buffet containers. There lurking within are 2 lonely longanisa, abandoned and unwanted. It’s enough to cause me to reach for the...

Ps: no insult to the Phils was ever intended, all comments are very much tongue in cheek however accurate.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    WTF is "Gormless" LOL
    wait.... I googled it so never mind ...Definition of gormless - lacking sense or initiative; foolish. :smile:

10. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    You got to remember with spice the specials board can change on a weekly basis. Thats why its called a specials board!