Dumaguete Info Search

Why is the RP taking so long to catch up with the rest of Asia ???? 3 Words or less.

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by andiflip, Feb 15, 2012.

1. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Does that come in a Filipina style?.......sincerely Father Grabanickel

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Where did you find those, Date in Asia?

Larry

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    That's the Winter-Outfit of all Rhoodist nuns :D

4. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Lets be fair here, I have met many buddist monks mostly who had pot belly's and they also rely completely on donations.

5. Rodneyemr

Rodneyemr DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    tarpulan, tarpulan, tarpulan
    and also lack of quality education where you actually learn something and not just attend school

6. tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    i read the report that said Philippines and Peru were set to have the fastest developing economies in the underdeveloped world...i'm not sure if that comes from experts who just sit and read numbers off charts from growth records while sheltered in overdeveloped places....? I'm booked to move to panama this year and visit costarica and hopefully peru...for many,those places are rapidly getting expensive to live in beyond poor and subsistence local lifestyle...prices in south and midwestern USA are already caght up to by by south and central america...African countries are supposed to be cheap...try exploring cost of living in any half developed african nation..Really asia is the last frontier for the cheap and i think china is holding that in place...If philippines is really going to grow to compete thailands rank,,i can only hope they buffer thier economy like thailand to keep it affordable for locals...South american countries with high growth have one thging in common,Lots of americans who can own land and businesses and developments,and with that,prices in areas developed by americans and europeans can compare
    with prices in Europe while still surrounded by 3rd world squalor.......thailand made it hard for foriegners to stay extended stays in the country and hard to own land and foriegn investors first pay into the nation before even comming in..even just to expat their requires to pay into the country,,its still cheap there......if people like current philippines president get enough time,progress can go to include tearing down squater camps to build welfare housing so conditions for destitute improve as well..Then balanced growth or explosion can do good......

7. tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    i always wondered why nations with high morality code ,having their women carry in the image of holy virgins untouched, have such a huge birth rate. or is it really just a handful of the women there that have 19 kids to push a non existent birth rate among most people to an enourmous average????? It seems like the countries with legal prostitution and other liberal excesses dont really have such a high rate....Maybe the forbidden fruit has the most bites in it i guess.....

8. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Probably because they're Catholic.

9. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Intellectual poverty.

10. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    They know how to do it right back there. Women here don't know much about contraceptives and abortion which are against religion.