Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Why live music?

1. Stampy

Stampy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Live music creates more intense emotions than streaming music. It entertains more of your senses. You feel the music in your bones, you see the performers and the lights, you're in the middle of a crowd that - like you - loves to hear this stuff, and the atmosphere is amazing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    The Philippines is quite famous for it's live bands and there is certainly a lot of great talent out there.
    While its true I dont hit the clubs anymore and dont really buy music these days, I still love to listen to a good band while holidaying in Phil;
    It was another posting created by a fellow forum member Cerne that got my enthusiasm up again for watching videos of live performances in the absence of the real thing.
    I discovered by accident, a version by Paul Carrack of the flipside of
    "Ferry across the Mersey"which was "Dont let the Sun catch you crying"
    which I found pleasant to listen to, which led me to find more about the guy.
    I was surprised to find a soulful voice that reminded me of the late great Sam Cook.
    Showing my age now as I share this one of Paul Carrack singing "Satisfy my Soul"
    Wondering how many members still go to see live music performed in your local area?
    Paul Carrack - Satisfy My Soul (Live) - YouTube

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Too loud, off-key, nothing like the original and unable to turn it off when you've had enough?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1