Dumaguete Info Search

Why no Strip Clubs / Girly Bars Around DGT?

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Wildlands1, Jan 11, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That means the @ss of 4. division, belive me someone like that place

2. janneman

janneman DI New Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    ask your wife to do that in your house, why not a pooldance of naked man? you wil go there? why is it needed? buy some dvd and watch it on tv.

3. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Some don't like the game (stay away), some like to be a spectator, others prefer to be active in the game. We live in a free world, someone told me, let's give space for everyone

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    I might consider to ask but making a stage, a pole, spot lights and so on a bit to much of an hassle. I am also not in to watch a naked guy dancing but for sure more than enough people who will enjoy. Life performance and the complete atmosphere around can never beat a dvd on tv.

5. Albo

Albo DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And where are these girlie bars? Any experience?

6. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I think you have forgotten you live in a predominantly catholic society and the likelihood of municipals approving full strip is highly unlikely although as someone has posted, one does, or did, exist. The morality of it? I'm not going to go there because it is a can of worms, especially in a country where religion, killing, corruption and infidelity are openly discussed.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Sibulan mainly. They are nasty and reek of the bacteria and viruses that will make your pecker start dripping/fall off. Almost all are in a severe state of disrepair and you wouldn't want to see them under a black light or even with normal lights turned on.
    They just have to serve alcohol and food to gain a business permit. I believe they are normally labeled as "restobars" on their permits. Sibulan is much more likely to turn a blind eye but Dumaguete is also more than willing to do the same for the right person. There used to be one in Dumaguete that, I believe, was an Athletics Club (had a nice covered clay tennis court) during the day and girly bar at night that was 100M from the barangay hall. Strange how their moral objection tends to wane when there are pesos to be made.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    Karl Marx must be smiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-

Part of the "charm" of living in the Philippines is being subject to the "fourth" arm of the Philippine government, i.e. the Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines (CBCP). Duterte tries to push back, but he is temporary. Judges and legislators live in fear of and are beholden to the Roman Catholic Church. The same conditions filter down very effectively to the provincial and local governments. Yes, it is medieval; but here we are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Albo

Albo DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But at the end it was closed ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.