Dumaguete Info Search

Electronics & Appliances WIFI extender

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by ShawnM, Apr 21, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    A buddy of mine got back yesterday from vacation so I spoke with him on the best way to handle getting a signal upstairs as well as the backyard (he is pretty smart with this stuff); he recommended going with a hardwired 2nd router upstairs. If that does not get a decent signal into the back yard then an extender.

I picked up a LINKSYS WRT 1200 AC router (same one I put in my apartment in Korea) and a amped/wireless range extender REC10.

If the 2nd router doesn't give me a good signal in the backyard and nipa guest house, then I figure I'll have to run a receptacle to a weather proof PVC box and put the range extender in that (figure I can mount things so the antenna extends outside of the box). If I do have a signal in the back yard, then I'll put the range extender towards the front of the house to hopefully get a better signal there...not concerned about the front of the house, but I bought the extender.

Thanks again for everyone's inputs, always much appreciated.

Shawn

• Like Like x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Took your advice and picked up a solid crimper as well as the connectors and a cheap tester (it has been over a year since I terminated any cable).

If anyone is needing to borrow a decent crimper give me a yell as I have one.

Shawn

• Like Like x 2