Dumaguete Info Search

Will you keep a gun when living the Philippines?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by pickled_newt, May 8, 2007.

1. 415gem

415gem DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looking forward to Dumaguete

Marky , I like that area . I wanted an overlooking lot . I am sure you know the school ( left at the T ... end of W Balabag Rd. ) . Well just up from there is a uncompleted subdivision .Gates on main road ... I was interested in that area . I must admit , I probably would be looking for year round water suplly as I would like to raise tilipia and milkfish in the future . I want to farm small scale , so I am looking for a very special place . I have seen a few places up the Sagbang Rd towards the Jap. shrine . I just don`t know if the isolation could become a problem when we leave the house. What has been your experience? Do you have dogs and ya - yas ? Well , first find a nice house rental . If you know any , please let me know . Salamat . Kevin

2. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    I did an article on the shooting club for the Negros Chronicle back in 2005. The president of the club then was Dr. Santillan. His wife is also called Dr. Santillan, working at Santillan Optical Clinic next to STEDS. You can go there and ask about the club.

3. lakotamoon

lakotamoon DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    dagumit!!! a society without personal firearms!!! yeah i have researched this subject a lot and... it's is really tough to own one. explains why a lot of things are the way they are in thr rp... on the other hand... and there is always 2 sides to every story... not many filipinos i've met who i would want to own a gun... one trip to any event, even family celebrations... mucho machos drinking... over active sense of pride... and KA-BOOM... bad scene for gun ownership... and yes i agree there are plenty of folks in other cultures who do not need to have a gun... rap stars, rednecks, ghetto blacks, whites and latinos... so do not think this is a racist comment... only an addition to the thoughts of gun ownership in the rp. all this said... cannot wait to get there and live the life.
    crazy horse

• Like Like x 1
  4. 415gem

415gem DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Crazy Horse

Hello , After reading your post , I have to tell you ... your a racist :mad: . Leave it with you in Texas when you leave. It`s not your fault , maybe it was just the way you were raised ? I mean you have no CHOICE about how you label people do you ??? Your words " i agree there are plenty of folks in other cultures who do not need to have a gun... rap stars, rednecks, ghetto blacks, whites and latinos... so do not think this is a racist comment... " It clearly is , read your messages before you post them . Once you post ... it is public record of your view of others . Life is about learning , sometimes when need to get re - educated and realize not to judge people based on prejudgement . Kevin

5. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    It might help understanding if the posters would specify if they are referring to handguns or other firearm types. Simply saying "gun" can leave too much room for assumption. I said I would have a pump shotgun. That's not the type of weapon you would be walking around town with or taking to parties. If that makes me a "stupid American" or "brainless" then so be it.
    A couple of my in-laws are champion sharpshooters in the Philippines so yes, there are shooting clubs.

6. wretched_hyena

wretched_hyena DI Member

Artist
    Ratings:
    +6 / 7
    You can't have my dogs. Would you like my mother-in-law?

7. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Totally. I have no desire to shoot anyone.

Apparently she doesn't visit this forum. :p

8. xm65

xm65 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL, which is higher maintanace, the dog or the mother in law?:p

9. TUYOM

TUYOM DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 4
    The mother in law:D

10. wretched_hyena

wretched_hyena DI Member

Artist
    Ratings:
    +6 / 7
    I've got two dogs and a cat, and together they couldn't touch her!