Dumaguete Info Search

BoI Info Wish I would have left this to Larry and www.pinayvisa.com

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by tomtorific, Aug 19, 2014.

1. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Received another useless email from NVC, in regards to my application to obtain a Visa for aking Asawa:
    Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) is unable to assist you with your inquiry. Please direct your inquiry to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General processing your petition.

Please visit Home | USEmbassy.gov to find the contact information for the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate General. The individual Embassy or Consulate General website includes contact information for visa-related inquiries.

My request to NVC:
    Good Day,

My Wife was Interviewed by the U.S. Embassay and they have delayed her approval due to additional documentation, some of which was to be sent to them by Your Deparment. As you are aware I do not have the original signatures on the following forms as they were sent to NVC by me, the Petitioner. The following forms that they are requesting is as follows:
    - Affidavit of Support (I-864) with original signature
    - Form I-864A signed by Petitioner and spouse/co-resident with original signatures for ???
    Please I implore you to assist me in the expediting of these forms requested. My Wife is getting quite exasperated at the processing time of the Visa application. And I must admit I am feeling the same.

Respectfully,

During her Interview they inquired as to if she brought Wedding Photos...... we have been married four years, with all documents requested by the NVC provided....WTF? O-|

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    It is not uncommon for things to go missing along the way. When our clients go to interview they go with copies of everything previously submitted as well as the new documents to be submitted.

Fill out and sign new Affidavits of support and submit them, and the problem should be over.

Larry

3. OP
    OP
    tomtorific

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    I had received the checklist from NVC saying the only thing Marivic needed to take was her photos and the checklist, all else had been forwarded to the Embassay. To add insult to injury, the income has changed since the original was submitted and accepted by NVC. This has been going on since 2010.

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    We have taken on and straightened out several similar cases from mid-stroke, some had been ongoing 4 years or more. It is not uncommon for documents to "go missing". Actually, the documents are most likely there, they are just too lazy to sort through and find them. You have to make it all very simple for them, they will not go out of their way to help you (such as look through a stack of papers to find a document).

Larry

5. OP
    OP
    tomtorific

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Unfortunately the biggest problem is that Marie gets very frustrated and takes it as an afront to her. She is a well respected member of her community and a Business woman that has multiple properties as well as businesses that she owns in and around Quezon City. I returned to the U.S. about 1 1/2 years ago knowing I had to re-establish residency to meet the AOS requirements. Our plans from the beginning was to return to PI after I retired. She grew up in Negros and that's where we planned on living and dieing. I especially like the Valencia area and I absolutely h8 Quezon City. Trust me folks, absence does not make the heart grow fonder. She does not need me for her support and I may end up being dust in the wind. Forgive my melancholy ramblings.

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Then she should be quite used to getting the run around from government agencies. As much as we would like to think the US government is run much better than the Philippine government, in reality it is simply not true. It is when you go through procedures such as this on a daily basis that you find this out beyond a doubt. Oh, the stories...

:wink:

Larry

7. OP
    OP
    tomtorific

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    She is quite familiar with the bureaucracy, one of her clients in her printing business is BIR. Difference? it's a Filipino bureaucracy, she see's that as a cost of doing business. When it comes to the U.S. bureaucracy, she is not so forgiving.....LOL