Dumaguete Info Search

Word of caution on pets you may have...

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by onlymichael, Jan 31, 2013.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    The keyword here is "most people have some common sense".

Larry

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I smell another locked thread coming on. :wink: Gonna be some upset mods.

3. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Not until you start picking on my post then the problem starts. Makes me want to ask you directly, what is exactly your problem?

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yes, you're always the victim. I'm done with this. Goodbye.

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Ahh, yes, I make you dominate every thread, including of course this one about an expat group (are you an expat). I made not one post, and you made 7 out of 37;

http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/dumaguete-city/ex-pat-group-starting-12137-4.html

Snif

6. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Excuse me? So its a bad thing to congratulate movingon for a success conference when everyone of youse discouraged him to do it and criticized him that it wont be successful? This is way out of topic. Forget it shadow. You just have too many issues as usual.

I wont stoop to your level, many members have noticed your problem with me and although i do not know exactly what your problem is i think ill just leave it to that. It appears to me that being diplomatic is not in your vocabulary. By the way, your in a democratic country you should expect a freedom of speech. And yes im not an expat, but isnt that as good as saying, your living in the philippines are you a filipino?

Your just a waste of space. Im done here. :-)

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Can you point me to where I criticized him? Or even commented at all on the thread? I really don't recall doing that, but if you insist I did...

8. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    I have to agree with Larry on this one, you either are very eager to make as many posts as possible to satisfy your ego,
    or you feel insecure with that many guys to argue with, whatever, but you should take some Valium to calm your nerves so that you can calmly reflect on the fact, that "talking is silver but silence is gold", take it easy, pls....

9. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Your way off topic. Go find your match shadow, one that has to agree with everything that you have got to say. Enjoy the rest of your day people.

10. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Hello All,

This actually turned into an interesting post, not too sure I'll be 100% on what the intent was for what the original poster started; but it won't get any worse than a few of the others...:smile:

I lived in Korea for more than 12 years, a couple of different times total. I'll freely admit that I've eaten dog on a number of occasions. The times I have eaten it was due to the situations I was in, either personal or professional. It was not terrible, though my "upbringing" taught me dogs were pets, so honestly I think that was mostly why I nibbled instead of digging in.

What I experienced, while I made Korea my home, was that most of the dogs that were used for consumption were farm raised and mostly of a particular breed. I did not see that they were raised, transported or displated differently than cattle, pigs, chickens etc.

If I'm out with the boys, will dog be at the top of my list of meat to enjoy that evening? Nope, and the reasons would "ONLY" be because that is not how I grew up (and it is a bit expensive). Would I be "disgusted" that my friends chose to have some kibble with their bits? Again Nope, I have no right to decide what is culturally acceptable to them. Would I eat dog again, I guess that would depend on the situation...I currently work in a country where I can't get a pork chop, I don't judge and eat a lot of lamb.

I'm a pretty opened minded guy, but I have not tried balut yet...I will eventually and it will come under a great deal of pressure from the signigant other (though she only jokes about it) and the in-laws, mostly because they think I'm not looking forward to that experiece because I'm a foreigner...when I mentioned that I've dined on dogs they turn up their noses and kids freak out...doesn't make sense to me but it is what it is.

A more serious note, I'm neither an animal lover or a hater; I grew up with pets and decided many years ago I did not want to have my own. I do not go around kicking dogs and am sadened at the state of some animals I see, and that is in many countries; but they won't get a piece of my lamb and rice tonight.

Shawn