Dumaguete Info Search

Working as a divemaster - naive or being misled?

Discussion in 'Diving and Marine Life' started by gord, Feb 1, 2015.

1. gord

gord DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★ No Ads ★ Showcase Reviewer ✤✤Forum Sponsor✤✤ Forum Sponsor

businessman
    Ratings:
    +155 / 13
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    From the article:

If a person gets a degree at a college do they expect that college to hire them as a professor immediately following their graduation? :meh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    After reading the full article I would like to add that if the company was serious about hiring a dive master they would either:

1. Find someone already certified (I'm sure there are plenty of qualified people out there willing to relocate to Dumaguete.....and a job listing on a reputable job finding website would last all of.....what, 2 seconds before the employer was bombarded by people desperate for the opportunity?)

or

2. Pay for the person's training and have their visa already lined up before the person came to the Philippines.

Believing anything else is just being naive/gullible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    gord

gord DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★ No Ads ★ Showcase Reviewer ✤✤Forum Sponsor✤✤ Forum Sponsor

businessman
    Ratings:
    +155 / 13
    lol, and the amazing thing Was one of them did not even bring enough money for a flight back to Manila from Dumaguete. Naive and gullible were two of the kinder words going through my mind when I heard that.

• Agree Agree x 1