Dumaguete Info Search

Update Best Posts in Thread: Working on fixing a security issue...among other things

1. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I understand running a forum is number 1 not cheap and number two it doesn't fix/upgrade itself. I for one am grateful for what you are doing. Keep up the good work:thumbsup:

DaveD

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nutz2U2

Nutz2U2 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +269 / 29
    On a very positive note ..................

The site is smoother, and faster to access ......................

You Hard work should be appreciated by all ... Thanks ....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    At least I'm trying to. The site might go down for awhile while I restart some services. Hopefully this gets rid of some of the problems that people are having while visiting the site on mobile.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Black is alright as long as it is a locked padlock. The reason for it being black on some browsers is because my certificate does not supply ownership information (no organization listed on the cert). That shouldn't, and isn't, breaking the padlock....at least for my browsers. I have made several more changes today to the server. According to SSL Labs I should be compatible with all browsers/Operating systems minus IE6 on XP......if someone is still using IE6 on XP they obviously don't give a crap about securing their computer and I won't sacrifice the server security to cater to dinosaurs.

As good as it's going to get:
    Screenshot from 2015-10-25 11:07:21.png
    Screenshot from 2015-10-25 11:19:54.png

Brain hurts so I'm going to go get drunk now. I'll work on speeding up the forum more when I sober up.

• Like Like x 2