Dumaguete Info Search

World Cup Big Screen Sunday

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by PatO, Jun 13, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Roger, Jack, the good news is England is finally as good as Spain...

2. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Yep, it's cringe factor 10. We're still there with a miniscule outside chance, but it's in the hands of others results. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Italians deliberately screw us by playing for a draw with Costa Rica.

Luckily, I placed a bet over a year ago of 10 quid on Mexico to reach the semi-finals. The odds were 125/1. If it don't happen I lost 700 peso; if it does happen I collect 90,000+ peso. You never know.

3. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Go Mexico go, brewskies on you if they pull it off. Their goalie is terrific, so far.

4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We are out, not surprised really. Defense not good enough, in fact the whole team are not good enough.

Well, C'mon Netherlands show us how good you can be. Oh and USA too

5. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    OH! Dear, earwig O, earwig O, earwig O,

What a shambles! Now, the end result for England, again. View attachment 10803

Attached Files:

7. Broadside

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    I never in my life thought I would ever be rooting for Iran, but I was against Argentina. I thought they were going to spring the surprise of the tournament and were hard done by at the last minute.

Ghana are interesting, gave Germany a hell of a fright.

8. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I had to follow the U.S. - Portugal match on ESPN Gamecast on my laptop as my cable doesn’t get the games. Sure thought after the U.S. got the late goal that they would win, but you have to give it up to Portugal for scoring the winner in the last second. Now the U.S. needs a win or a draw against a tough German team or could advance if Portugal-Ghana draw regardless of the Germany outcome.

9. Broadside

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Jermaine Jones of the US whacked in the best goal of the tournament up to now.

10. Broadside

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Mexico v Netherlands next round. Ooops. Looks like my bet on Mexico might be about to hit the buffers.