Dumaguete Info Search

Wow look at the numbers, covid makes it more save?

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Dutchjob, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Well sure, when perfectly healthy people start bleeding out their skin and have a 50%+ chance of dying I'd say that would require some serious precautions and might have me thinking twice about going to the gym or a bar. That just isn't the case with COVID-19...though they certainly tried to scare us into thinking it was that serious.
    No need to be angry now that we are seeing that everything is going to be ok and we have little to worry about. I suspect all will be back to normal sometime next year.

2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    You did write about FUTURE similar crises, not the current one. I did not for one moment think Covid-19 was Ebola-like or anywhere near it - just something I did not want to catch (and suffer from) or spread.

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Unfortunately many were acting like this is an Ebola like disease...at least initially. Fortunately people are starting to catch on that it is nothing close to that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Unfortunately I'm still stuck in Europe. But I think things are getting slowly better. A lot of testing and yes, still quite a big number of people with a positive result. Many of those didn't even have any symptoms But what is more puzzling some experts say the Corona ICU's in the hospitals are almost empty. They don't know why really. Of course partly due to better treatment methods. But not only. So maybe the virus is getting weaker. Who knows. Also some well tested vaccines should be ready early 2021. For me a silver lining on the horizon.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  5. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    your lips to god's ears :smile:

6. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    There really is no comparison but it doesnt mean Corona isnt deadly. Just look at the figures. The problem with Corona is that is so easily spread around and it penetrated country borders in just a few days. What were the figures? About 0 or 12 I think, Only a handfull of countries are not affected and if you have look at that list it isnt surprising why.

7. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I assume you mean that when a more severe pandemic happens (the real wolf) society will be less willing to act in a way to reduce it.

This is not what happened in Taiwan. They became much better at not letting communicable disease penetrate their society.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    One word - discipline.

9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Much easier to do with a homogeneous society. If Trump said the sun rises in the West a large portion of the population would agree and defend the statement, if he said it rises in the east a large portion would try to debunk that. The US is extremely polarized and will refuse to agree on even the most agreeable of statements if it is said by a politician in the opposing political party.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    The Founders wanted a homogeneous society, that’s why they penned naturalization in the Constitution. The Reconstruction Congress fraudulently denaturalized the country..making it a heterogeneous society.
    Congress only citizenship power is keeping citizens the same kindred and natural kind.

Naturalization and natural born is a Kind. President Trump was born the same kindred and natural kind as the Founders. One President wasn’t...so...why are some cities burning...