Dumaguete Info Search

X-Pats are no longer Seniors.

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by grandpainak, Aug 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Social rejects from their countries. Don't know why the Philippines attracts that type. Maybe a life of being a worthless POS (and treated as such in their countries) and then all of a sudden jumping up a few social classes is just too much for some people.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    You are right, you did not make that statement. I apologise for making you feel uncomfortable with my comment. I merely intended to point out what would happen in case a mistrustful foreigner in this country decides to make a prenuptial agreement before getting married, then keeps all assets in their own name or even in his native country and if such foreigner then dies before his spouse without having made any arrangements to make sure she doesn't go empty handed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I can inform you otherwise as relayed to me via our Attorney who deals in Land matters, you do only have a short period in which to settle your matters, this includes selling and sharing your Wife's half with any children she may have had even if you are not their paternal father, and you are entitled to I think something like half of the Estate, but even she could not state what was a reasonable amount of time and told me we would go into that further when we were done with the legalities of our Lot and held the Title so that we could ensure that the property went to our daughter in the even of us both passing, the real BS comes with the 'Family' getting their entitled shares also which can make for a real problem if they feel they are also entitled to a bite of the apple. I fully intend to make sure everything is in my Wife's name only, (saves on a shyteload of legalities after my demise to remove my name and claim inheritance or whatever) with a Will leaving everything to our (my step) Daughter only in the event of her passing.

It really amazes me just how many guys here in the Philippines whom I have spoken to as well as on other forums are open about making sure that they are here for a good time, not a long time, and have absolutely no plans on making sure their Wife or any children are adequately taken care of after their demise. Once I am gone that is it, I cannot take anything with me, so I fully intend on making sure that my Wife and step-Daughter are able to care for themselves and do not need to beg or grovel for food after I am no longer here to take care of them. We are working TOGETHER to build our lives here, so she deserves to be taken care of IMHO not merely dumped like a piece of meat on the roadside. Kudo's to anyone who is actually concerned about their Partner's well being after their own demise, they certainly earn my admiration regardless how many call them an idiot for actually caring...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Brian,
    The law in the Philippines regarding inheritance is complicated, but the basics are pretty clear.
    If there is no will, inlaws (the deceased spouse's family) only come in the picture when the spouse dies without leaving any direct descendants (children/grandchildren). (republic act 386 -the Civil Code-, Book III, artt. 996 and 999
    That is why I was unhappy with the blunt statement that if a foreigner inherits any real estate it is "for a short time to enable you to sell it for the benefit of her family".

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Back to expats & seniors: Jollibee in Robinsons does not accommodate. Tried it 3 times. Of course being a guest I never said anything but I will not stand in line to eat their terrible hamburgers only. McDonalds much higher quality, respects seniors. KFC across from jollibee in robinsons mall also very friendly to seniors. And great food as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.