Dumaguete Info Search

X-Pats are no longer Seniors

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Dave_Hounddriver, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    "Minimum wage in Panama is around $252.00USD a month for an office worker. If you worked in construction your wage would be different, and you would earn an hourly wage depending on the type of work you carry out. A professional (lawyer, engineer, accountant, etc.), would earn an average of $24,500 per year."
    Monthly salaries in Panama

Hmm, well that probably depends on how fat your wallet is. But hey, with all that money you are saving on entertainment, public transport, electrical bills, etc your wallet could put on a few inches.

2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I haven't done that research yet, but if I get there first AND if you are REALLY serious then I could get a set of women's clothing and meet you by the canal.... but please be gentle with me :smile:

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    guess it depends on your tastes but just compare the women on the panamánian dating sites to the filipina sites, i gave up after 7 years and ain't going back.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. billd

billd DI New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    In the Philippines 60 and above are Senior Citizens.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. billd

billd DI New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    There are lots of points to compare. For instance, Panama requires a monthly income of at least $2,000 US Dollars for retirement status there, whereas the Philippines only requires a monthly income of $1,000 US Dollars a month, and allows a $7,000 one-time exemption of duties on the importation of personal goods. I am referring to the veteran's category of the Philippine Retirement Authority that I am retired thru. Many other advantages thru them also. Obviously, there are a lot of other factors to consider, don't just count out the Philippines. For many reasons I choose the Philippines over Panama.

• Informative Informative x 1