Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Yada Yada / The Off Topic Arena

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Oh, almost forgot. Stop being a d*ck, Bryan. :finger:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Nutz2U2

Nutz2U2 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +269 / 29
    Sailor24,

Please get of your high horse (woops let me give this the tone of your attitude). Please get of YOUR HIGH horse :biggrin:.

We are in the Philippines, where EVERYTHING is a little bit IFFY-IFFY with advertising, with driving rules, with dating rules, with drinking age rules, with parking rules, etc etc etc.

The solution is VERY SIMPLE even for the most pedantic of people. (Hell I am one of them - but I adjusted).

LIVE WITH IT. ACCEPT IT. FROWN ON IT. KEEP YOUR PRINCIPLES TO YOURSELF.

Either you accept this way of life and this culture and give it all a few years to come to your level of STANDARDS and PRINCIPLES.

OR

GO BACK TO WHERE YOU COME FROM :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:.

It is NOT a difficult choice in life.

My 2cents worth.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +419 / 198
    That's exactly the kind of reply I would expect from a rear-guard member of the Air Farce - from 200 miles behind the lines with a billiards cue up his butt, looking for his nanny to bring his milk and change his diaper!

FYI, to name a few - Northern Ireland 1979-80, Falklands 82, 1st Gulf war 1991, Bosnia 1992+, Sierra Leone 2000

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    @Show Pony said it all - I'm a biologist and we are all the same inside! Most aliens are here because they actually like the VERY BEAUTIFUL skin colour - something white people spend billions a year FAILING to achieve.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Senjenbing

Senjenbing DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines Navy

Milliways - at the end of time and matter
    Ratings:
    +419 / 198
    I am of the opinion that a sense of humour (SOH) is essential and particularly relevant in the current world situation. It must be quite depressing for those that do not possess one but there is light on the horizon. The SOH store is situated adjacent to the enthusiasm store and both will resume business once morale improves.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    No more Mr. Nice Guy, right? Lol. Callow. I think you ought to delete that comment because in a community as diverse as this, many people have questions none of which should be considered stupid or be ashamed to ask,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

i am not sure i can go that far however i agree i think with the general direction you are taking and i can ride along until the second rest stop i am sure.

i was raised in fifties bible belt oklahoma where chastity was preached (if not always practiced) from every pulpit. my first wife was my first woman and when she divorced me and married her boss in des moines in 74 i was both confused and relieved. i got dumped out into the street during the sexual revolution and reacted like a somali at a buffet. i was told in 74 des moines that were were more x rated theaters than churches. (i don;t know about the churches but there were a LOT of theaters)

but i never escaped from the whole moral philosophy of which chastity is a part so everytime i had sex i tried to marry the girl. but every marriage resulted in my losing my troth and my life savings. (six times--slow learner)

so after a lifetime of confusion and surprises, i find my pot of gold in dumaguete city. my partner and i will celebrate our seventh anniversary in february. it will soon be my second longest relationship and it gests better every year. its also a zillion dollars less expensive than true love in the US.

i finally learned you can separate sex from love and still sleep at night. but when they do come in one package it is really cool.

so i would say i don't find chastity as disturbing as malnutrition, but i do feel its definitely overrated

• Like Like x 3
    • Genius Genius x 1
  8. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Just to clarify: I think the trollin' type reply by DavyL200 (not just my opinion - he got 4 trollin' ratings in total from me and 3 OTHER members for that one comment) - was BEFORE my deleted comment. So HIS comment was the first off-topic one.

I assume his ratings will remain. :o o:

I don't report any negative ratings I receive - one was given in error but I let it go and a number were given by now-removed members or others with grudges, but you (I assume) removed them without me requesting (as you thought they were wrong). I don't report mine because I am as strong the day after I get one as I was the day before. I have at times reported unfair negative ratings given to other members or PM'd the giver asking for it to be removed and explaining why - but that is just my obsession with fairness.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Yes, thanks. Been there a few times and buy Italian bread and cheese there. I get my packs of salamis from Belcris though as much cheaper there. The foreign cheeses in both stores are very expensive for small pieces, so I limit myself to the essential 'hard Italian cheese' (whatever that is and the staff don't seem to know). Pack of grated parmesan cheese also comes from Belcris and lasts a long time if frozen. I find the spicy salami (both shops sell packs of four, but as I say, Belcris is way cheaper) are good for making pasta as the quality of meat here is not generally great for pasta - too much fat.

• Informative Informative x 4
  10. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Very interesting discussion, but we all know that these days what we say or write, almost anywhere, is being recorded, stored and analysed. Key words are searched for and actions follow which might be to the detriment of private individuals and organisations - some of this is justified (unless our governments take action against terrorists on our behalf then we end up with a World none of us would want) and some is a misuse (some laws are introduced by taking 'opportunities' against real or perceived threats and all laws are twisted and turned to do more than ever intended).

But, whatever is happening in terms of the control of populations, every individual and organisation has the right to decide what is right for them, as long as it is legal and has no negative impact on others - so, if a site such as DI decides it impacts on their business, or goes against their role, we need to accept it and have our discussions elsewhere. No one is forced to come here (although some are 'forced' not to!).

My personal viewpoint, shared by most I assume, is that I don't want one 'drop of ink' to be used to support those barbaric b*astards who think they have a cause and can use human life to achieve it, even when evidence is overwhelming that the majority don't support them. I accept that sometimes 'today's terrorist' is tomorrow's legitimate government but that has to be worked out politically.

I want free speech but there are times I accept it is not appropriate. That is the World we live in.

• Agree Agree x 4