Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Yada Yada / The Off Topic Arena

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Some people are pompous enough to believe they have more money and thus more class than the rest of us. What they don't realize is your reputation here is what is important in the expat community and how much money you have doesn't mean you have class. Actually here nobody really cares what you have, what you have done, or what you know. What is important is if you are a good enough guy to enjoy a refreshment and a conversation without having to listen how great you are. Most of us know who the few as*****s are and hopefully they stay off the forum.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Add Bethel Guest house and Hotel Essencia to the list (if my memory is correct as its been a while) but this is the Mike's Beach resort thread so mods please forgive me for following off topic.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You left your review and said your piece, the part that I consider "nonsense" is that you seem to want to repeat what happened ad nauseam. It seems like you won't be happy unless the entire forum is dedicated to bashing the business. No website that has any sort of review section will allow one user to take over and bash a business over a single bad experience. You've said your piece, what else are you expecting me to do about it? I have no say in how the business is ran or how it advertises. I informed the owner about your post, if he wants to come comment or change the poster that's on him. If you are really that upset about it and feel you have been cheated or a crime has been committed hire a lawyer and file a case so that you can get your 40 pesos for the juice back.
    Calling the owner "Mr. Obnoxious" is most certainly a personal attack. We can all get caught up in emotions and resort to this from time to time especially when we feel we've been wronged, which is why I have issued no warning points to you. But now you are making it a point to continue with the personal attacks and I have asked you, and anyone else in this conversation, to please stop attacking other people (members or not).

I understand you had a bad experience at the bar and want to share it with others. I have no problem with that but I'm not going to allow a single person's experience (good or bad) to completely take over the forum.

BTW: freejuicefor.me is a valid and open domain name, feel free to purchase it ($8.99/year) and use it to bash whoever/whatever you like.....but it won't continue here.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Happy holidays to you too. Thanks for dropping in to the forum again! Hope the new year goes well for you.

• Like Like x 4
  5. The Freak

The Freak DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

Interviewing freak expats.
    Ratings:
    +28 / 26
    I am so sorry Mr Alec if you think that I insulted you,but in actual fact I was sticking up for you because I think that that Aussie loud mouth was a bloody dickhead, thus RUDE.
    I always try to be light hearted on this blog Mr Alec so as to give people a laugh, because the world is so full of sh*t, and sometimes it good to be a little light hearted with a little bit of BS, so as people can have a laugh, because there is not much to laugh about the way the world is heading.
    I have had a hard life (poor me say`s everybody) but I have never rolled over, and admitted defeat, and I did two tours of Vietnam, wounded twice, but stayed strong, and the thing that got me and my mates through was a sense of humour, and without this humour for what I have seen and done I would not be here now.
    I would not ever insult anybody, so I hope that you will accept my apology for marking your post as rude, but it wasn`t against you Mr Alec but was directed at that smart arse Aussie..... and I am a Aussie also, but I never mouth off and am always kind to the people here, even though they are a pain in the arse most times. haha.
    Have a wonderful day Mr Alec, and keep on keeping on.
    PS. My missus really loves me. haha.
    PPS. I think.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I used to frequent a bar that had this same problem. The manager had to threaten that they would lose their jobs if they didn't stop the gossip about the customers.

I have seen this complete lack of respect in other aspects of bars/restos as well. I was once in a bar I frequent with a friend having drinks. The employees there know me well but they didn't know my friend, at least not by name. I happened to be talking to the owner at the side of the bar where the receipts were kept and I noticed a tab that was made out to "Tambok" (this is equivalent to "fatty" for those that don't know). Looking around the bar I noticed there was only one person who this could possibly be for (since the bar will only start tabs for well off/known Filipinos and foreigners).....it was for my friend. My friend has a bit of a temper, which is a huge understatement, and would have made a huge scene about this so I just let it go since I wasn't ready to make a hasty exit from the bar. But after ordering a couple more rounds of drinks I heard the waitress say it out loud each time when giving the order to the bookkeeper. My friend was actually being very friendly and the girls were being downright nasty and disrespectful, thinking they were the only people that were on the inside of this little running joke. I decided enough was enough, warned the owner what was getting ready to go down and why and then went and told my friend he needed to check the name on his bill. Within 5 minutes several staff were brought to tears and begging not to be fired.......and all our drinks were on the house (taken from the offending staff's wages....which probably took a couple days for them to pay off :hilarious:).

• Like Like x 4
  7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I gave no warnings or infraction points to you or anyone else that has participated in that thread. I simply stated that personal attacks on anyone are against the forum rules (and they were that way long before I got here).

As for the private forum....how might I go about inviting people? Are you volunteering to deal with the hassle of approving members that will participate and moderating this private forum? I can make that happen if so. The private forum has already been created and is just waiting to be utilized. I personally don't want the hassle of dealing with the complaints that are going to come from a private forum where no rules exist.

I agree that I need to improve my own personal skills. Would be nice to have a moderator I could trust to keep me in check as well. Problem is finding someone that I can trust that's also good enough with computers to understand the software.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Maybe before it all gets out of hand, a Timely reminder that many of us here are old enough to remember this Brilliant US President and actually saw the Assassination Live on TV. Great loss to the World but many of the things said, were off the cuff remarks made on that Sad day by Reporters and persons Interviewed.
    Had the US been a Monarchy, JFK and Jakie would have been the Most Popular K&Q and I feel, there would be no Doubt about this. Any where in the World Today.

AS to the Brit Queen. she Follows all the other Monarchies of Europe, Coveted, Pampered, well Fed and Housed as they have for over Centuries, this I doubt will ever change. Yes at the Tax Payers expense but that's life.
    Remembering also these people like So many families here, are all from the same Family to Start with. INBREEDING with long Snouts.

Good Morning All

JP:pompus::wink:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Nice one JB, have a Smile and a Beer on me my friend. [​IMG][​IMG]

Morning All. JP ( looking for some more Smileys for JB)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  10. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    By your most recent post that is now placed here. clearly your one of those sort that like to dish it out, but clearly cannot take it/ Rye88 is a Soldier such am I. Those that go Navy or Air-Force and bust a butt and come out with the clear knowledge that you joined DOD and came out a non-Soldier as perhaps you just greased the wheels of a broken down A-10 Wart-Hogg.... have to deal with that. Don't please ever think to evaluate Soldiers. The boot-camp is tougher, the job outline is tougher and that's why as a whole they are tougher! If you read all in the forum, Rye88 is miles from back lines. Please have mutual respect for those that serve and do not drop one liner pokes at Fello Vets. Thank you!

• Like Like x 3