Dumaguete Info Search

Yada Yada / The Off Topic Arena

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rye83, Sep 27, 2014.

1. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hahahaha, well my friend, NFW!! i am not about to spend my time and energy trying to find stuff to placate you as "evidence" for my position; anymore than you site evidence for your concepts of "reasonable" or "evidence" or "rational thinking". lol

we are friends here is my opinion. if we were meeting for coffee you surely would not expect me to bring dictionaries and mongraphs and journals to support things i might say to you there, and i would not expect that of you in my case, i am retired!! my only real concern in life is if my social security check arrived once again!

you and others have had some infuence on my thinking here with covid and some other issues. more importantly collectively you have provided me information that has been of benefit to me, and i try to reciprocate. sometimes someone says something here that sends me to the library to flesh something out.

for me, my opinions about the complete waste of the covid debacle is just that, my opinion. my life in healthcare and my training as an epidemiologist hopefully gives me a little credibility on the subject, but if not so be it. to help generate a little more excitement for any readers, my training would lead me to suggest lyndon johnson as the president having the most influence over the covid crisis. (that is not a political statement mr moderator, its a conclusion i have reached as a professional epidemiologist)

anyway NMRM, i enjoy your posts. when i see you have issued another thoughtful and well written post i get the same excitement as i used to get when i would hear the morning paper hit the front door!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,634 / 2,899
    Oh yes I would! :smile:

When my asawa phones her sister and family in Mindanao they frantically rush for maps as they know I may ask them questions they don't know the answers to - simply because I am a boring old fart and like maps, so I know many place names and locations in the Philippines plus facts like Colon Street in Cebu City being the oldest street in the Philippines (that fact has been extremely useful). :smile:

So if ever you meet me, just bring along the Encyclopedia Britannica ... or the WWW. :smile:

And when I see you have replied to me I get the same excitement I had as a young man seeing my first cats (code). :smile:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Caranoche Beauty

Caranoche Beauty DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +50 / 28

4. Caranoche Beauty

Ratings:
    +50 / 28
    I don't see anything negative about my response... you seem to have the scenario backwards.. maybe you should read it again.. i was merely relaying my experience.. and responding to his reply.. and i dont know who osodelnorte is.. is that an insult, why you attacking me...

5. Caranoche Beauty

Ratings:
    +50 / 28
    Thank you for your apology sir... i was merely relaying my experience.. and your reply appeared to question my experience.. i.e. "can't imagine" "the only exception" "exception only for emergencies", and to clarify, i wasn't miss informed... i wasn't informed... and yes.. they did take my urine sample prior to payment... my apology if saying it sounded like you were calling me a liar offended you.. join me in that deep breath.. starting over.. to a better way and a better day..

6. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Colon Street ... is that a***hole of Cebu?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Now, personally, I would love to be sitting at a table with a glass of wine, while you two went back and forth in friendly debate. I think that would be a very entertaining, and insightful, day.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,634 / 2,899
    If you go there you will see your description is quite accurate. :smile:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,634 / 2,899
    Oh, Mr Posh! :smile:

So we have coffee whilst you sip wine (you really mean Champagne perhaps) from the finest crystal flute. Well, Mr Posh, all drinks matter and YOU should buy us, plus everyone else who turns up, a glass of your fancy Champagne. :smile:

Btw, nothing is for free - tickets P2000 whilst stocks last.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,634 / 2,899
    I read it backwards, on your advice, and it still seemed evitagen.

Why are you insulted about being asked if you are related to someone you don't know. The answer 'no' is sufficient for me.

For me, personally, keeping chilled in this hot climate is always best.

• Like Like x 2