Dumaguete Info Search

Yada Yada / The Off Topic Arena

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rye83, Sep 27, 2014.

1. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
  2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    This comment was meant for if you need to talk to him. Before 12 he is a mad chef brewing up his magic in the kitchen. I think after that he is able to take a break from cooking.

3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yup, stopped by early this morning. :thumbsup:

4. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
  5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Not trying to knock True Love here but I think the Marley Family would have had legitimate case with the way US trademark law is currently written.

I do think a person's intentions should be taken into consideration. If someone is looking to make money off of and markets a name/product in such a way that it intends to use the popularity of an already established and popular song/name/product/person/etc to make money then they should have to pay royalties to the person who made the original content. If a person makes no reference to to the original and unrelated existing product (such as a One Love Chicken and then makes no mention or hint at Bob Marley) then that should be alright in most cases. Now if I designed a guitar, called it the "One Love" and then paint Jamaican flags and Bob Marley's face all over the thing it becomes pretty clear what/who I am referencing and trying to capitalize off of.

However, I don't think that trademarks should be able to be passed down to family or a corporation after the person who originally made the trademarked product dies (Unless the trademark is an actual company/corporation). Unfortunately that's not how US trademark law works and the Marley family likely would have won a lawsuit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks the internet is so slow tonight (for me anyway) it showed my first attempt as not loading properly so I did it again. Sorry for any confusion.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I do take this the wrong way. Not all of us sick bastards are pedophiles. It's the pedophiles which are giving us sick bastards a bad name.

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    A lot of people joining a few more we could have a mas de bate

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    gerry_bc What if she is over 18, but you still dress her up as a school girl? And you bring her parent (mom) but feeling up the mom at the same time? And you are putting on a show for the people watching through the window? Is that still sick b@st@rd territory? :wink:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    You certainly offer a compelling argument Johnny.. But I know at the end of the day you agree with protecting the young here....