Dumaguete Info Search

Yada Yada / The Off Topic Arena

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rye83, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,007 / 1,093
  2. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. contrail

contrail DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +71 / 7
    Not only do we have keyboard commandos among us, I detect Keyboard pilots as well! Planes do not create windsheer, Sever weather does. Planes create wake turbulence and wind rotors.

Microsoft flight simulator doesn't count!

Regards, Bryan

contrail
    This message by contrail has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Trollin' Trollin' x 1
  4. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    What post are you replying to? I don't see any that mention windshear?

5. Sailor24

Sailor24 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +21 / 4
    Robert, I think Bryan was referring to Alex's post that mentioned windsheer . Ron

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,563 / 1,017
    Alex mentioned wind sheer on his post in page 1. Still, sort of a know-it-all response....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    tolling-dick.jpg

:meh:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    Not saying they should do it but saying they could. The fourth amendment doesn't apply unless they want to check your trunk or glovebox. They can legally pull over cars and ask for driver's licenses and insurance along with checking the plate (of course like you said they can run the plate w/o ever stopping the vehicle but it doesn't show insurance at least not in most states). As long as its something visible from outside the vehicle they can look all they want and as long as long as based on those they are pulling over can't be tied to age, rage, or sex agenda's then its fully legal. Courts have ruled many times on this issue and have found the police well within the bounds of the law and the 4th amendment. Same thing where police can stop you walking down the road at 2am and ask you a couple questions and even request ID.

The only ones saying the police can't do those same things are the far left liberals who are shouting racism and hatred for police for going after criminals.

9. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I think you would be surprised how many people on the Right are saying the same things.

Actually they can tell if you have insurance by running your plate. To renew registration you are required to have insurance and there is a NATIONAL DATABASE. If you were paying monthly for insurance and your insurance cancels you for non-payment, they report it to the state. Some places they come to get your license plates immediately. That is why I think your information is outdated.

Police can stop and ask questions, because anybody can, nothing special there. One needs not answer questions though. If you are stopped, the first thing one should do is ascertain if you are being detained or if you are free to go? If you are free to go, keep walking. If you are detained, ask if you are committing a crime or they think you have committed a crime and what reasonable suspicion they have for thinking so. If they can't articulate a reason beyond, "because I said so" they are violating your 4th amendment rights against unreasonable/illegal searches and seizures. They have in fact seized you, bodily, for no articulatable reason. They are on a fishing expedition.

Not to say they won't give you any sh!t over it but they are actually acting contrary to law. There are people who have been arrested and charged with nothing but resisting arrest. How is this possible? You have the right to resist unlawful detention, might not be smart to do so at the time, but it is your right. There needs to be an actual crime you are being arrested for before you can be resisting arrest, not so?

In the US any police officer can ask anyone to identify themselves, that doesn't necessarily follow that you must tell them, and I would ask them first If I were being detained and the reason why? There is also some confusion about having to carry identification, you don't have to, you can simply tell them who you are. You can't do something like board an aircraft without identification and not all states drivers licenses qualify as valid ID for boarding an aircraft, but then the choice to board an aircraft is voluntary, you could take the bus instead. If you are stopped walking, there isn't really a good substitute for walking, you are going to have to do it at some point. You need to have a drivers license on you while operating a motor vehicle for the simple reason that you agreed to do so. I don't now and have never had a license for walking.

There are a lot of conservative people who are fed up with police practices. If I had to identify where I stood I would call myself a Libertarian and strong fiscal conservative. Mostly I would like for police to concentrate on actual crime verses revenue generation for victimless crimes. I would also like police to spend as much time OBEYING the law as they do enforcing the law as one does not preclude the other. I know, call me a bleeding heart liberal.

Apologies in advance for posts that some moderator is going to move to Yada Yada.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I likes your thinking! :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1