Dumaguete Info Search

Yada Yada / The Off Topic Arena

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rye83, Sep 27, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Posting from mobile. Sorry about that.

2. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Deported to the Philippines? :sneaky::wacky::whistling::hilarious: Because he is in Afghanistan. Or to be deported to Europe because they do welcome every Afghan people there.:smuggrin::whistling::wideyed::roflmao::biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +249 / 139
    I guess the joke went over my head. 164kb too large?

4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I edited the post. The original picture was much larger.

I'm in Singapore right now. But I probably am eligible for my Afghan citizenship by now. Maybe I can get that then run to Europe as a refugee and get all kinds of sweet benefits.

Article 9:

Persons who reside in Afghanistan for five continuous or alternate years shall be considered as Afghan citizens provided that they have reached adulthood, have made the application for citizenship, and have not been involved in any major misdemeanor or crime.

Citizenship Law of Afghanistan (1936) – 1: Original Citizenship, Naturalization, Citizenship Rights | Open Corpus of Laws

I see a loophole here. Keep an eye out for me representing Afghanistan in the Olympics. I think curling might be my sport.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    By major misdemeanor, do they mean breaking Sharia law? By that I mean the country is said to be 99.7% Islamic so it follows they would want their citizens to convert. Then again, if you did convert, it logically follows that you could pull a "Freddy Aguilar" . . . . :angelic::angelic:

6. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Nothing in the law says you have to be Muslim. There are many Christian Afghans and one Jew. I've also never been convicted or accused of any crime. :wink:

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Yeah you do it the right time. And when you will be in Europe you will get better tending than the countries own citizens. :smuggrin::sneaky::wacky::whistling::wink::woot::roflmao::hilarious:

8. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It's funny when people generally comes with postulates again, and again, many believe it's the truth. I worked in refugee camps in Denmark and can tell you, refugees are not treated that way I can hear people think they are. Live 4 persons on 8 sq.m in bunk beds for a very long time, sometimes years. Yes, refugees get shelter, food and pocket money, for adults around 1500 peso a week. This money is for personal hygiene, shampoo, soap, shaver etc. if you smoke 20 cigarets costs 35-400 peso. Proceedings take normal between 1-4 years, if they get permission to stay, they will be awarded with residential and social welfare, like Danish people without a job, but only if they follow school for Danish lessons and after that get a job or start education. Refugees who denied permission to stay in Denmark will be sent back where they came from or to a camp, closed prison, get shelter and food, no money, again bunk beds 4 persons in 8 sq.m., is the norm. I have my opinion, but I just want to tell about real life, instead of all people believe on myths, told by people who don't know how it is in reality. Of course, the immigrant/migrant problem is complicated and I don't have the solution to the problem. I have seen how some refugees talk fluent Danish after 8 months and adopt our culture very well. I have seen refugees abuse the Danish hospitality in many different ways, like a serious crime

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You can compare to foreigners in the Philippines, different folks, different behavior:wink::wink::wink:

10. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    You believe in your own truth because that is the truth you have seen with your own eyes. While you were there, others of us watched "refugees" slip in to other countries (usually with the help of friends or aid groups) and go directly to the full benefit package.

Your truth is a sad tale that needs to be addressed. The truth that the average person sees is people who slip in through the cracks. If you don't see that then you are as blinded by what YOU see as the people you accuse of "believing in myths."

Neither are wrong.