Dumaguete Info Search

Yada Yada / The Off Topic Arena

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rye83, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous DI Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 12
    It was a suggestion made in reply to an ANONYMOUS post, so how can it be a personal attack? I agree with Philpost's reply: "rubbish" (in the U.S. we have a different term).
    Further, even if you publicize my real ID, you still will know who I am. But everyone knows who you are.

Anonymous
    This message by Anonymous has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Abhorrent! Abhorrent! x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2018
  2. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Your username, not your real name; I'm not doxing anyone. It doesn't matter if you were replying to another anonymous post (which you weren't). The anonymous feature is not for pissing contests, personal attacks or skating around the forum rules.

My username is my last name and the year I was born and my full name is all over this website. I have nothing to hide and I'm not worried about people knowing my real identity....and I'm certainly not worried about vague or passive aggressive threats from anyone on this forum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    :grouphug:

• Like Like x 1
  4. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Not a problem, but let's not forget who brought it up his medical situation. Usually people who are sensitive about a subject, don't post about it on a forum. It's certainly his right to maintain his privacy and I have absolutely no interest in knowing or sharing his medical condition. You are inferring that I'm trying to out his medical condition, which is not true.

However, I see no issue with discussing aspects of a disease. :wink: If we discussed the best food for heart disease and we get into a discussion on whether pasta is better than potatoes would that be off limits because people on this forum have heart disease. I was interested in comparing soda pop versus beer and it's affect on sugar levels. That's the only message I was trying to convey.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just realized the thread was about Tang. Cleaned it up. Carry on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Whoo Hoo.......it's been a while since I've had a post promoted to the YadaYada forum. :smuggrin:

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Yeah ... and I am sure they will watch his back.

Please try visiting a different website as your threatening-type language is not really wanted here.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Why is 'OzeMike' egesting 'abhorents' like sh*t ... does he have any particular interest in the buildings being discussed. I don't know if perhaps he did not like my "rubbing up the wrong way" comment but @Dr Shiva said NOTHING wrong!!!

9. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I think its because he is on a small cell phone with fat fingers. I know him personally and he is not the kind of person to mean it insultingly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    At least it got removed by Dustin. Thank you.

• Genius Genius x 1