Dumaguete Info Search

Yada Yada / The Off Topic Arena

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rye83, Sep 27, 2014.

1. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I'm a non-smoker all my life. But I respect everyone's right to make that determination for him/herself. However, I think smokers have the responsibility to be aware of where their smoke is going when they ignore the new law (as happens all day every day.) Smoke till your heart's content (or lethally clogged.) But keep it out of my face, especially when I am trying to enjoy a meal.

These places that set aside "smoking areas" are a good idea. What amuses me is seeing smokers standing inside the area until their cigarette is consumed, then leaving to go to a fresh air table because THEY don't like other people's smoke in their faces when they eat!

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My younger Sister is a Fagaholic as was my Mother! Many times in my own home, I asked my younger Sister to take it outside away from myself (lifetime non-smoker) and my then young children. Then the diatribe would commence, where by myself as a casual Drinker, was a Baby Killer, and how all Drinkers kill people in Cars, but Smokers do not *blah blah blaaahhhhh...* :rage:

As an example; I would ask her if it was okay if I put Beer into her Baby's Bottle and force feed it to him. Again; the attacks commenced all the while she was puffing away inside my house... But asking her to stop polluting my house with her smoke, (and forcing my children to inhale it along with her) was met with even more abuse. This is often the mindset of Smokers and their God Given Right to Smoke. Sorry but behaviour such as this strikes me as Low IQ. If you want to smoke then do it at home in YOUR OWN personal space!

When I had an adverse reaction to the Flu Needle at 40 my lungs came close to collapsing and for around two years it was a slow road to recovery. Meanwhile my ex and my kids all smoked. I would ask them to take it outside, and they would get all high and mighty blow smoke in my face defying me. It was not until my Dr abused my ex telling her straight, did she finally listen and they began to smoke outside. In the end I had to tell them, MY HOUSE! MY ROOF! DON'T LIKE IT - GET OUT! No; they did not like it, so a couple of the kids and occasionally my ex would purposely sit under my window and blow smoke inside towards me. I find that very disheartening...

Sorry to those who are considerate; but I honestly wish they would totally ban smoking altogether in Public, just as it is illegal to walk down a main street with a Beer in your hand swilling as you walk, so should smoking of any kind in public be banned. It is not a God given right to force others to inhale your putrid secondhand smoke. Blow smoke in my face today and you will get a fist in the face in kind! :punch:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    My ex mother-in-law smoked (but fortunately eventually stopped) and my ex-wife (her daughter) used to get her to sit by the chimney with her head part way up it. Maybe that's why she stopped.

P.S. In case this sounds heartless - NO, the fire was not lit at the time.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    We need a 'remark icon' for SHOCKING!

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    How would we know if someone is using sarcasm or not?

6. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I think some do that with the 'funny' icon now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Now who would do that? :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    So very polite Mr W - since she told you off for cussing! :smile:

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    The reason the admin left the rants is that they moved it from the serious stuff to the junk pile, "Controversial Subjects," where it can be ignored....

Shame, cuz like Spice, the last time we were there (months), the only chef was the wife. Don't know if she was off or gone, but it might be worth rechecking.

10. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I don't remember moving it here.