Dumaguete Info Search

Yada Yada / The Off Topic Arena

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rye83, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Suck my long onion mate!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    This seems to be the most written about topic I have seen here.

But I think most will start to read the posts and give up.

Why don't those who are obviously passionate about this topic (and make very well-argued cases) just meet and discuss it over a beer. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Why do those not interested in topics always chime in and tell people to take it elsewhere? Please don't discourage conversations on forums.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Actually not my intention. I was thinking they might create a friendship by meeting to discuss a topic that a few are very passionate about.

And, btw, was it not you who curtailed a conversation recently, told the posters to deal with it privately (it was about playing golf) and closed the thread?

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Close, but no. You are thinking about the thread in the Farmers Market sub-forum. Personal information was about to be posted in a thread. Thread was closed but later re-opened. There is a reason why I don't like to risk any personal information being posted, send me a private message and I'll show you why.

• Like Like x 1
  6. furriner

furriner DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +348 / 70
    Noted. Remind me never to post any Information on this forum that may be considered factual due to the new requirement, from you, to provide in-depth citations for any information presented, no matter how casual or how easily verified (or disputed) by independent, motivated readers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yeah, I knew where you were going with it and that you didn't really care about the sources.

Here is what I asked in the thread you are getting this idea from:
    I was genuinely interested in learning more about it and I had searched for sources...but being the Philippines, many times these things are not reported on or recorded online by the government (or can be very difficult to find). Other members caught on to that and, while not direct sources, provided some instances of how they knew the government regulates the nursing curriculum, which was perfectly acceptable. I almost always search for sources to verify facts that surprise me before asking a user for one.

Your reply of;
    was lazy and counter to everything forums are about. I fully understand and respect that you, and many others, won't agree with my opinions or how I interpret the repercussions and/or causes of certain statistics and facts (and I'm probably wrong a lot of times and there have been plenty of old posts of mine I went back to and completely disagree with now), but I don't think many here would accuse me of being lazy, unwilling to engage in conversation or unwilling to help people out when I can. I also can't recall an instance where I got butt-hurt when someone asked me for a source or to add to/expand on my opinion. But then again, 10k posts and there are quite a few made while drunk. Just because I can't recall it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I will but if your name continues to get shorter then you may not exist by that time.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Distancing my real name from the internet. Work related. Was doing it slowly from the forum to avoid confusion. :wink:

10. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    So 83 is your age:whistling:

• Funny Funny x 2