Dumaguete Info Search

Yellow Cab

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by jerseygirl, Dec 2, 2015.

1. jerseygirl

jerseygirl DI Junior Member

Virtual Assistant
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Anyone else checked out the new Yellow Cab here in Dumaguete?

I went last week and admit I was disappointed. Perhaps because it is brand new, but I waited close to 30 minutes for my pizza (with a somewhat warm San Mig Light). I ordered the four-cheese pizza with tomatoes, and when it arrived, it was like cardboard. Sure didn't notice "four cheeses" on there, and I struggled to find a hint of tomato.

How has it been for anyone else? I'll give it another shot, but I'm curious about others' initial feedback...

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Never was a fan of Yellow Cab's pizza in the US.....and with it being in the Philippines the quality is even less appealing, on top of that it is in Dumaguete and the chances are that it is well......:hungover:. I'm sure I will give them a try before I completely brush it off as another place not worth the time and money to visit.

On a side note I did like the pizza that was served at the pizza place where the old Shakey's used to be on the boulevard. It's thin crust pizza and I could have ate a large by myself but still had a good taste to it. I think Gerry's is the best in the area, followed by Hayahay (I haven't had that for over a year so things might have changed) and then the one at the old Shakey's location. I've heard La Fiesta has some good pizza as well but I haven't been out that way since I've been back to give it a try.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,215 / 1,090
    Not a big fan of Pizza but our "Atomic offshoot is, we still have the takeaway from Dexters on Santa Catalina street by the Japanese place. You can Eat in but
    the wait can be Long some days.

4. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I had a pizza in Flip Flop,s it was the best one i have had in the city area .

• Like Like x 1
  5. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    Love Gerrys restaurant and his pizza, but had a pizza at El Dorado last Sunday---"The Godfather" pizza and it was the best I have had since coming to the Philippines---several other tasters agreed---perhaps it was a "random event", ut will certainly try it again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Canadianized

Canadianized DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +224 / 27
    I'm with you about the pizza at the old Shakey's spot. The only thing I didn't like it the horrible noise coming from the Blue Monkey when we were there. You really can't get any better than Gerry's pizza. He has it down to a science. His doe is perfect in my opinion. Not like a crispy bisket (sp), covered with tomatoe and cheese. The doe is not hard like most of the other places in Duma. Creating good doe for pizza is not easy. Some foreigners are ok with cripy doe. I am not.

Yellow Cab is very expensive. I have had it many times in Manila and it was always good. I'd love to see Jerry startup a pizza place on the boulevard!

I have tried La Fiesta and Flip Flops and did not like them much. Not saying they are not good but for me the doe was just not right.

• Informative Informative x 1