Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Yellow pages

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by cabb, Mar 12, 2016.

1. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 241
    Hi. I think it would be useful if the forum started it's own yellow pages or directory, so that every time someone posted/recommended an electrician, contractor, lawyer, doctors etc. it would get updated to include the information. It would gather the information in the forum into a single place and be helpful to people looking for various services. You could create a forum space called yellow pages and users could post the information/questions. If all those type of questions were directed to a specific place, it might not be as organized the yellow pages, but would at least create a organization of sorts. Something like:
    Yellowpages
    ......Electricians
    ......Contractors
    ......Dentists
    ......Lawyers
    ......etc.

Maybe it could even take a Yelp like format where you cold give a star rating to the person, so if multiple people used them you could get feedback.

Just a thought.

• Like Like x 3
  2. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I suppose it couldn't hurt. We do already have the where to find thread though.
    I like the search function at the top of the page also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    Dustin has a thread already running that is trying to do just that, Can't seem to find just now, maybe he will put it up for us
    Dustin has a Thread already running that is trying to do just that, Can't seem to find just now, maybe he will put it up for us :thumbsup::wink:

4. OP
    OP
    cabb

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 241
    I can't find it with the search. I can't find a user called Dustin either. : ) Pardon my newby questions as I get acclimated. I would appreciate the link if someone has it. Thanks.

5. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Dustin would be Wrye, the friendly proprieter of this madhouse. Maybe you should check out the "Where to find" section? Just click on home and scroll down until you see it. It will be the second forum from the top of the "Forums" section. Glad to help.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    "Dustin" is our leader Wrye83 as I said Can't remember what the Thread was called just that I know he is working on such things.
    I will keep looking for the Thread :thumbsup:

7. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,212 / 1,089
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Showcase | Dumaguete Info

The link above would probably be the best place for that. A category can easily be created that would cover local trades. My brain is mush and I have a pounding headache at the moment, maybe you guys could come up with a category name that would cover this type of information?

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    cabb

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 241
    The show case seems more geared to selling and advertising. I'm thinking more along the lines of a directory.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The Showcase section can easily just have short descriptions that works as listings. It's designed to be user generated listings. Users are free to add pretty much whatever they like to it. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately :wink:) I rent....if something breaks I just have to tell the landlord about it and it gets fixed so I can't really provide much input with the local services/contacts.

There is this as well:
    Businesses - Services - Products
    You can sort through the prefix categories by clicking on them now. The information here (along with what's in this sub-forum) will be used to later collect information for resource articles that will be written.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1