Dumaguete Info Search

Your First Car

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by PatO, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Actually my FIRST REGISTERED CAR ON THE ROAD was a 1964 Cal-Custom VW Beetle with a bombed up 1300cc motor with a Bug Spray Holley Carb with the Air Filter poking out through the deck lid/ Extractors and Hotdog exhaust, mild Camshaft and head work etc, that Bug could eat a 1600cc Celica! Had the Nerf Bars front and rear, removed the front Indicators and fitted Sealed Beam Headlights that had the Park Lights and Indicators in the Headlight surrounds, had 14x6" & 14x7" Rims with chrome rings and original Hubcaps and it was painted in a Volvo Blue-Green that had all of the original metallic deleted for Metal-flake, looked a mile deep! Also had a complete new Interior done by the Upholsterer that owned it before I got it. It did 85MPH on a flat and 95MPH down a hill! Thinking of buying another one here if I can find a really nice one! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    NSU built cars that had 4 stroke engines, except for the RO80 with its revolutionary Wankel rotor engine.
    The 2-stroke brand was DKW, my father owned a really neat one of those

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    THAT looks AWESOME! I briefly owned a convertible Fiat 500 Bambino back in the late 70's the top rolled all the way down to the rear parcel shelf. Really wish I could have held onto that one! I really love odd-ball Cars like this from the 50's/ 60's. Before coming here, I almost bought an old 50's Peugeot back in Oz which I had plans to Hotrod but decided to move here instead.

Attached Files:

4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    1962 Chevy II, blue , straight up 6 banger. Took Auto in High school, so bought it before I was even old enough to drive. Come day of my drivers test I had this car souped to the Goose.

• Like Like x 1