Dumaguete Info Search

110/120 volt appliances bring lower bills.

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by tunji oluwajuyemi, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonEtue

RonEtue DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I would like to know the name and age of the draft horse..... it will be helpful for my continued research in this vertical horse matter.

Cheers,
    Ron

2. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hell, I'm still trying to figure out why they were called "draft" as opposed to work horse.
    And the story I always read was that it was pulling the weight vertically up a well shaft (with a pulley at the cross beam).
    Which always made me guess that farmers of that time had way too much time on their hands.
    Although, if you are digging a water well, I guess that it all would be relative to your work.
    And cheers to you....
    RonV

3. OP
    OP
    tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    So if people are standardizing and doing calculations and learning about energy using a barn yard horse why is it that some think you cant learn about it form solar panels generators and the various meters on load controllers and the factory ratings declared using multitudes of appliances/machines around these days with various properties via various materials????? Nano tech devices are showing greater power per size of generator in a whole new world of energy use and generation via nano metre devices...

4. RonEtue

RonEtue DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Solar power can be helpful, but the power can not be stored. My solar panels in California heats the water in a 40 gallon tank on my roof, so we save some money. The swimmingpool heats up from the water circulating trough the powerpanel and keeps the pool att appr. 20 centigrades in the winter time. The problem with larger solar installations is that it is to expensive.

Cheers,
    Ron

5. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Tunji, there are a lot of "known factors" is this world that are standard values for measurements and calculations that don't make sense to a lot of people. But they are what they are.
    One of my favorites is why the higher the octane rating of gasoline, the slower it burns (rate of flame propagation) and the lower the octane, the faster it burns.
    I know the reason behind it, but it don't look right to me.
    Everybody "thinks" they should put high octane gasoline in a vehicle that requires low octane and it will get more power. No, it actually will get less power, and less fuel mileage.
    Another "mystery of life"..............

6. RonEtue

RonEtue DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The SUM of the KARDEMUM is the same no matter what.... just plug in your equipments, fridge, aircon, lamps, pc, tv and radio. Enjoy that you have elctricity and can use all the equipments.... end of month .... Bill to be paid.
    That way you can go on and enjoy all the other things in life without being so detail minded about electricity. Have a nice and bright year ending!

Cheers,
    Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.