Dumaguete Info Search

12 Days In Dumagete - An American Review

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by SoCalMark, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakotamoon

lakotamoon DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Nice read. As for the old geezers with Filipinas? Wisdom is not free. Those who are old enough to have any... know the difference between a wife and a Awesome Asawa!!

I've traveled to and worked in more that 30 countries. Born and raised in America. Filipinas have no equal!! One man's opinion.

Age difference? Back to Wisdom.

No offense taken by your comment, opinion, observation. Just hoping to give ya a point in the right direction. You will be forever blessed with a Good Filipina Asawa. I am. And I know the difference between good and awesome.

Lakotamoon

2. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Great observations for first visit.

I agree with your "like shooting fish in a barrel" comment, most of those geezers don't have the stamina left to go after a mature adult so they choose to impress children in a third world country is how they appear to me. I don't believe it is wisdom for a minute. I don't talk with them either so I can't blame you there (unless they are married). I guess I am so conservative.

With that out of the way I am glad you were able to be productive in your visit and look forward to more of your Dumaguete adventures. Oh yah, I hate LA too, if we ever meet I got the first round.

3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Pedro, being you raised the issue, I would like to comment. An older guy marrying a younger Filipina is admittedly not for everyone to do, to like, or to accept, particularly conservative folks like you say you are.
    A certain stigma is placed on the guy and the girl and they have to live with that as they walk through the malls and are judged, mostly negatively, by many like yourself; that goes with the territory, right or wrong. Moreover, my guess is that as many of these relationships ultimately fail as succeed. So people like yourself are entitled to view us as you do and not talk to us. No problem with any of that, surely there would be personality conflicts anyway.
    Those that work, as an example in the DI posts from Ron8917, make for a nice romantic story. The ones that don’t, like the husband in San Jose killing his wife and her “friend” are examples that don’t work.
    I see a number of happy faces on guys and their partners at the mall with both older and younger partners; they seem to display the same level of happiness to me.
    I don’t know you or your situation and wouldn’t critique it if I did, although your post reflects that you must be very happy and have a mature wife or husband, but I really could care less.
    So Pedro, if you happen to see me at the mall or somewhere or ever meet me, keep to your word and walk on by and don’t talk to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fozzboy

Fozzboy DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well said i have a very good one , together for over 3 years and going strong!, like any Nationality you get Good and Bad, my friend married a girl here, and she all but cleaned him out!!, i think most girls here are honest, and do not mind an age gap, as long as they are respected and treated well, and never mind the age gap!!!:D

5. carl

carl DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Happily Not married to American my age

Ill be glad to give my two cents worth please and thank you . I made it 48 years never married no children . I was scared to marry an American women for two major reasons . 1) I wasnt willing to give half of what I worked hard for because some dip sh*t judge ordered me to , 2) I was always afraid that after we married and possibly had kids that she would blossoom out and weigh in at a cool 250 lbs . I have NOTHING against fat people except that I never wanted to marry someone I couldnt carry , plus obesity equals not healthy ,not healthy equals plenty of medical bills . I married my Philippina wife of 21 yrs younger because I know beyond anything that she is with me for life . We have been married for approx 6 yrs now and have 3 children and I must say she is more beautiful now than she was at 27 before any children . Pedro I gotta agree with Pat , if ya see me and my family anywhere do us both a favor , turn and go the other direction cuz at 54 yrs young 6'2' 235 lbs I dont take kindly to any B.S. directed to myself , my wife and certainly my children . Truly and sincerely , ....Carl ( a gentle giant )

• Like Like x 1
  6. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Amen Carl. I'm 45 never married and no kids. I had no desire to become some American womans " starter husband " as I call it. I would hope that I wouldn't receive too much criticism should I marry a woman that has more than a couple child bearing years left as I might like to be a father even if I don't live to see my children graduate college.

7. dodong

dodong DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    If I ever marry, it will definitely be with a Filipina. Stereotypes are never reliable, but as I've observed, most women here are as beautiful inside as out. Had many friends ask my help to find a husband, and I always ask them to give me a list of qualifications. Almost always the same things keep getting listed: kind, responsible, faithful, no vices, patient, with a stable job, etc. I think many Filipina are willing to marry foreign guys twice or three times their age because those men are more likely to have the most important qualities.

Pretty easy to understand from the foreign guy's perspective too. He gets a beautiful wife who is understanding, loyal, caring, etc.

Almost enough to make me want to get married.

8. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Many of you seem to be personalizing my post, but if you reread it carfully I never said there was a problem with "marrying" a young filipina. Think before you stick your foot in your mouth. Have a great day!

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Nice how some members mess up a wonderful informative trip-report cause of 1 sentence, which actually includes "but who am I to judge?" ...

well, a beaten dog barks, great job guys, you can be all proud on yourself ...

10. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ten bucks says most of these guys don't listen to Lady Gaga or Avril Lavigne with their ladies.

My wife and I have our own interests of course but I doubt we would have bothered with each other if we didn't have a foundation of shared interests, we would have become bored rather quickly. It began with mutual interests in ska and reggae music, American R$B, sure some Lady Gaga...exploring exotic restaurants and traveling, Asian cultures. Over the years its grown of course, a shared interest in family and building a future. A marriage is a combination of both sharing mutual interests and respecting and appreciating individual interests...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.