Dumaguete Info Search

1st Time in Dumaguete-Siquijor

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by wreck, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wreck

wreck DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi All,

Me and my friends are going to Dumaguete in September and as early as now I am starting to prepare our itinerary.

I really need help on the following:
    - Recommended beach resort in Dumaguete (we prefer a resort w/ pool and nice beach)
    - Tour packages (if not probably Tour guide): We wanted to go to Apo Island, City Tour and probably go to caves/waterfalls?

We will be in Dumaguete for 3 days (and 1 day in Siquijor).
    Total pax: 11 first timers :smile:

Thank you very much.

Des :o

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    a lot depends on your budget per head and day. for a proper beachresort you can calculate 2000 peso upwards per room. there are cheaper options in the Dauin area but you basically get what you pay for.

most resorts are organizing trips to Apo and land-based excursions.

If you are on a low budget trip you probably don't have proper pool/beach and other amenities.

Siquijor accommodation is usually a bit cheaper but also a bit more basic, unless you stay in the few "classy" resorts.

3. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    For Negros Oriental, you can try Antulang Beach Resort located at Zamboangita, Negros Oriental. It has overlooking pool from the cliff, they offer island hoping to Apo Island. I find the beach like those in Batangas and Batanes Island scenery. I think the cheapest room rate is 900PHP to 15,000PHP. It's about 40mins ride from Ceres Bus terminal and going in to the beach is another 20mins by so called "habal-habal" ride, you can ride it at the main road where you get down at Zambuangita. If you want like that movie " The Beach " scenario, you can try Kukus Nest,room rate its 450PHP to 2,000PHP. It's beside Antulang Beach Resort, its not as classy like Antulang Beach Resort but worth a trip for backpackers like me. Happy Trip! Enjoy the SUMMER!!!!

4. OP
    OP
    wreck

wreck DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank u for responding to my inquiry :smile:

@rhoody: we were thinking of 2k/night. So far I like Thalatta & Antulang but I have to ask my friends first because its too pricey. South Beach and Coral Cay are a bit cheaper. Are these hotels far from the city?
    @newbie: Antulang is very nice I saw my friend's pics when they went there, but isnt it too far from the city?

5. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    We recently stayed at the Nicanor Hotel centre of Dumaguete with a a nice family room (two kingsize beds, ensuite) @ 1750 pesos a night, breakfast not included, but a choice of Eateries on the door step, can reccomend it.
    Siquijor,stayed at the Norwegian Dream, nice bamboo chalet with A/C ( 4 people and child) @ approx 2000 pesos. right on the beach, but no swimming pool. Breakfast was good but like the Nicanor in Duma, it is an extra. ..regards JB

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Antulang is indeed very far for a short trip including Siquijor.

September is for most resorts off season, so you might get rooms in resorts usually only accommodating scuba-diver. you might wanna get in touch with Mikes Resort in Dauin, maybe El Dorado or Puerto Cita (as a cheaper option but no pool)

7. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Antulang Beach Resort or Cuckoo's Nest Resort aint far if you ask me, worth the trip . But most Filipinos from down south says its far for them specially those not the adventurous one. But Tagalog guys says its near as well as most tourist , must be because at their area ,places are kinda far. I could imagine when i was in Manila, I have to travel 4 - 6 hours to find a good beach, that's for from Makati to Subic/Batangas/Mindoro.

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I don't see the point... the OP ain't spend much time in the resort as he wanna go to Apo one day and one caves/waterfall... why going all that extra hour down to Antulang just to travel it back next morning for going to Mabinai ?? guess i am not adventurous,.

I prefer having a cold beer at the beach/pool or go additional snorkeling in Dauin instead of being a real Adventurer and sitting in a car on a stinky road to Mabinai and back wasting 3 more hours of my already short holiday, plus the 2 hours on the transfer-days from/to Dumaguete. sums up easily to 5 hours in total what is a lot for that short stay, isn't it ?

9. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Sorry...my apologies. i didnt see his/her itinerary schedules that aint much time, i was just too excited to share good resorts here and trying to answer this question (Recommended beach resort in Dumaguete (we prefer a resort w/ pool and nice beach)):cool:

10. snowman

snowman DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You will not do much in Siquijor in one day it would require more as there is a lot to see. As far as acc. in Siquijor it's best to look up the main resorts on the internet and email them, with that many people you will get a good deal..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.