Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Best Posts in Thread: Looking for simple gettaway spot.

1. Dreamer

Dreamer DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    I always drop Francis at Bermuda beach an email and he replies straight away. Its a good place to go and relax. Nice places around to eat. Reminds us of Boracay 25 years ago. Other wise if you you dont want to go so far Kookoos nest is our chill out place. Food great, nothing to do but relax

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    We went to sipilay in 2012 for a few nights,it was nice but I found it boring after the initial day. There was little to do except sit around and drink and eat!
    We stayed at sugar beach,if we ever went again I would try the south side resorts where there are some nice coves.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    Hi, might not be your bag, but me and the good lady dash off to Apo for a few days r n r every now and again. Coco Grove have a few rooms on a beach there - and you can book through them. The drawbacks - definitely no banana boats, the menu hasn't changed in years and is rather repetitive, no electricity and no running water. Sounds like hell to some for sure. But the second floor rooms catch the breeze, the diving is fantastic, the solitude and quiet amazing. The staff are helpful and will carry your jerry cans at any point of the day or night. Last time we stayed there some big wig vice governor from somewhere had the room next to us. Lol, they insisted on an armed guard courtesy of the PNP 24-7. I wonder what they had done :wink: Made for an interesting lamplight dinner conversation with said Governor surrounded by a machine gun nest.

Lady Guv: Do you come here often sir?
    Me: yes ma'am every year. My asawa and I need the break from such hard toil. This is me time. How on earth do you get me time when are surrounded by such security?
    Lady Guv: But Mindanao is so close, you are in danger sir.
    Me: I'm in danger of nothing more than dying of menu boredom, a rum overdose or the sexual excesses of my wife ma'am, a better way to go I can not imagine.

(Conversation suddenly died, the wife thumped me, but the looks on the Pulis' faces were worth it)

• Like Like x 2
  4. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I'd be with my lady and we don't care about bars. Just want a nice beach resort sort of thing with maybe a couple water activities. Our relaxing isn't sitting and drinking a couple pilsens but swimming and maybe a few fast water sports if available for a non insane price. hehe. Sipalay is what we decided on though I think as its been someplace I forgot about the lady pestering me to go a year or two ago.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Like Like x 2