Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Where to find a nice girl/lady to marry with

1. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    One thing I often hear from expats with gf/wife at the same age is, that if you have a younger gf/wife with a gap in age it's more a kind of business deal. When I was young some years ago, I believe that it's possible to live of love and spring water. Over the years life learn me be more realistic and no matter of gap in age or where ever you live in the world, relation is about what did I get in return of what I give, only a few people ( I know a few and seen some) want nothing in return for what the give/invest in relation. Personally I enjoy having a young gf, it keep me young too lol. I believe in love no matter of age and cultural background it just makes it more eventful and fun, that said no all people fit together and the challenge is finding the right one for you, don't compromise go for the gold, good luck to the guy who started this topic, Philippines is rich of beautiful girls who want an expat bf/husband and the treat you in a way you feel like heaven compared with the west

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I am sure you know this, but it is NOT the place where you seek a girl - it is the girl herself. Whether you look in 'Why Not', Church X, Dating site X or anywhere else, there will be girls of both good and bad nature. Luck plays a part in finding a good one (and many here have achieved that) but there are clues - does she seem caring, does she treat you as a future husband or as an ATM? Be careful of the family angle - if she has a big local family and they see you as a blessing because you're a foreigner, then perhaps you will have future problems with them.

People are very helpful on this forum, but it is not WHERE you look but WHAT YOU FIND that is most important - and how smart you are in getting to the root of her intentions.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Genius Genius x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yeah, but you need a lot more money for younger women in developed countries to call you "gwapo" once you start to get close to your retirement age.

However, I will give the Philippines credit here. It is much easier to meet woman/people in the lower income brackets that don't have a complete garbage personality. Despite all the troubles they have experienced in life, which far exceeds what most do in the West, most Filipinos still tend to remain civil and act appropriate in social situations. This seems to be true for most Asian cultures. When I go back to the US and interact with the average person I often find myself wondering, "WTF is wrong with this person?".

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    I feel that most expats that are regular posters on this forum would not directly connect you to their Asawa's friends as we don't know you from Adam and it's a potential "shooting off the foot scenario" , "so to say". To be serious, IMHO, you should be here and Rye83 nailed it. Go to a Cristian church here and find that Gal you seek. Approach her after a serman and apologize for being FRANK and tell her you noticed her beauty. Ask her on out for a dinner date........cheers!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Finding a "nice" girl is always a challenge. Keeping her is a continual work. A lasting relationship has to be built on trust and respect in my opinion. As a parent who wants to have nice children, one has to learn to say and accept no as answer sometimes. If neither one can accept being told no, then the relationship is doomed to fail. Nobody gets everything.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Please keep your learn bisaya thread to your own thread and not spreading around everywhere!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Proceed with caution. You may have requests to send money, probably not the nice girl you are looking for. Families here are very close and many daughters feel an obligation to support their families, and that expectation increases significantly if they have a foreigner partner. Just the way it is.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    Last place to find a ‘nice lady’ (exceptions will prove the rule): Why Not after several Grande’s/pay-for-view dating sites, free ones even...personally I’ve always relied on the ‘chance encounter’...not that I have the chance these days after 25 years of bonded sexual servitude.

There were not Malls/shopping precincts around as a lad. Most rippers/roarer/scallywags I knew would chance it at 11-55pm just as “Lady in Red” was whacked on the turntable with Fat Doris from Shoes (legend has it she always would put out).

Sophistication is something that dawns rather late on the average Male. From the youth club disco to the ‘faynest hotels/restaurants/romantic locations/bistros-cum-what-nots-whilst-peering-over-candles-whilst-some-Spanish waiter-who-is-miles-better-looking-than-you-serves-delicacies-dreamt-of-by-only-by-Byron’: the lot of your average Joe is less than perfect. Not for us a carnal ballet choreographed by the devil himself with cigars afterwards - but more a chance rumba if the digestion holds up and if we are lucky.

The search for a mate begins with the heart and not the bottle. Forgive the expectation of the exotic, foreign or tropical. As the great woman sang, “you can’t hurry love, you just have to wait”. Good luck friends.

Either way, as a bona fide sexual Tyranasaurus Rex, I’m willing to sacrifice my fidelity for a charge. My dear asawa calls me “priceless”. I agree. I’ll do anything for a pack of Marlboro n a 1/2 bottele Tanduay.

Cheers,

C

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    My Grandmother used to say that there are two types of people. Those that are intelligent, and those that have smarts. She said always go with the smart ones. I have found her advice to be of great value.

• Like Like x 5
  10. redhorse

redhorse DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +269 / 62
    LOL at some funny posts! But on a more serious note regarding cultural differences (between the US at least) the concept of "dating" multiple women at the same time seems to be frowned upon.

Doesn't mean you can't move on if things don't work out, but while you're in a relationship it seems to be assumed by most Filipinas that it will be exclusive. And if you're lucky, she'll feel that the same rules apply to her! :smile:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1