Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: 7 ways to annoy Annoy Foreigners

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I think the same can be said for being on a Forum - the vast majority of people use it to benefit from other members' knowledge or share opinions. But some get wound up and start being a bit verbally aggressive.

I note (please correct me if I perceived this wrongly) that if some are negative to you then you ignore the comments and just carry on, rather than engaging them in a cycle of self-defense - a policy I try to adopt. After all (and I have no idea what expression you use in the US) in the UK we say 'Today's news is tomorrow's fish 'n chip paper' (as in the USED newspapers which were used to wrap f&c before health and safety laws stopped it). When I check my alerts on the Forum and find somebody gave me a 'rating' for a particular posting, it is very rare I have a clue what I had written a short time ago (fading memory has its benefits!).

So, even though I very much admire this Forum and the majority of people who post on it, it is not really life and death.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Oooops.jpg I resemble that man andy capp.jpg and after this issue it will be andy_capp.gif :cool:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I see the video achieved its goal. I'm surprised that expats that have been here awhile even notice this stuff anymore. I barely even register this stuff when it happens. I think I would have went insane long ago if I let that stuff continue to get under my skin.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    To be continued next Post :bag:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I guess the video wasn't as inflammatory and irritating to foreigners as it had hoped to be. All that stuff has been discussed ad nauseum here. There really isn't much to add to any of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. tis me

tis me DI Member

Ratings:
    +196 / 45
    The very last part of the video where she finds it amusing in regards to driving at night and suddenly there is a sign in the middle of the road saying the road is closed but there is no advanced warning. This a classic example of stupidity, for gods sake people have sustained serious injury because of this type of incompetence by the road construction contractor. Funny me thinks not. Do I want to subscribe to your videos ''YOU MUST BE JOKING''

• Like Like x 2
  7. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    How to annoy expats ? make a video on "how to annoy expats"

• Agree Agree x 2