Dumaguete Info Search

6 weeks to go

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by tipmart87, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tipmart87

tipmart87 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well, just a little under 6 weeks until my g/f and I arrive in Dumaguete for our vacation. We are both equally looking forward to our arrival as neither of us have been there before. My g/f is getting excited about completing her "Open water certification" although she states she is really really nervous!! She also said that before I took her rock climbing just before she promptly zoomed up the wall and had to be told to slow down!!

We have our room booked at the El Dorado resort for 7 nights and we are both looking forward to visiting Apo Island and going on the dolphin watching tours and spending a little time exploring Dumaguete. It will then be time to go back to Cebu for a rest.

Have not yet decided on whether to take the bus or the boat to Dumaguete, the bus is a lot cheaper but I think a lot slower. We will make our minds up closer to the time.

Will take lots of photos and videos as usual

2. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Will take lots of photos and videos as usual

Let's enjoy them together on the forum Tip.
    Quite a girl your GF. Rock climbing/descending too fast for the 1th time ? Whow... keep an eye on her while diving !

3. jim

jim DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pls. share... post your photos on the forum tipmart87...

4. OP
    OP
    tipmart87

tipmart87 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    thanks

As soon as the trip is over I will post up a full report. It still seems a long way off but I know like all my other trips it will be over in a flash

Donesa completed a one day fun dive when we stayed at moal boal in november of last year. This was her first time with a wetsuit on and despite the usual "I'm afraid, I'm afraid" she took to it very quickly. This was us trying to catch up to a turtle. You may notice that we were still at the holding hand stage here!!! :smile:

[​IMG]

5. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Yes, I am also interested in hearing how your trip goes plus pics once you guys are finished. Have a GREAT time! I think the PHL is such a ROMANTIC place for two people in love.

6. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

The bus is not that much slower. When coming from Cebu we take the Air con bus to Lilo-An, and take the fast craft across to Sibulan. Generally it is about a 4 hour trip from Cebu to Duma this way. Total cost is right at P200.

If you take the bus all the way from Cebu/Duma, add at least another hour to this and P50. If traveling with a lot of luggage, we go this route.

Larry

8. OP
    OP
    tipmart87

tipmart87 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi Larry

Thanks for that info

Does the bus to lilo-An leave from the south terminal as well?

We will likely have one large case and a back pack each, would that be ok?

Thanks again

Martin

9. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Yes, get on any bus that goes for Bato, Lilo-An, Santander, or Dumaguete. Tell the conductor you want off at the fast craft terminal in Lilo_an, the bus will stop there anyway. You will be near the last off the bus.

Depending on the size and weight of your large case, I maybe would opt for the bus that goes all the way to Dumaguete. For the extra P50 each and hour difference, less hassle boarding/unboarding the boat and jeepney into Dumaguete from Sibulan.

Coming from Cebu, I always look for a seat in the center of the bus on the left hand side, without a window post. This to me is the most comfortable ride and there are views to see most of the way.

Larry.

10. OP
    OP
    tipmart87

tipmart87 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just found

out that our resort (El Dorado) is going to pick us up at Dumaguete and take us direct to their location which is great, so we may take the bus to Lilo-An and then the fast craft going there and then take the ferry coming back just for a difference.

Larry, what are times for the sailing for the fast ferry? do you know if they are very hour and how long they take? We need to let them know what time to pick us up at the pier if we leave Cebu at say 7am. Thanks

Thanks for all the info

Martin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.