Dumaguete Info Search

A Balibayan Box Solution

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by daanlungsod, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Comercial?

:smile: Larry, did you ever get to think, about a distribution network for your salsa?
    Surely love to try some, when I get back. I bring Heinz Salad Cream, when I come home, my Girls find it a bit too tangy. :o

Jack P.:smile:

2. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    salsa!!!

whoaaaaa... larry makes salsa! : ) what about refried beans? : ) i never learned to cook but i can eat pretty gud. lee plaza has some pretty good tortilla chips in the imported section that look to be made in the filipines (?), all we need is beans and salsa. come on larry, *you* could put duma on the map!

su buen amigo...
    norm : ))~

3. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    my balikbayan box experience

i just received a balikbayan box from the states via http://www.forexworld.us/default.aspx.
    the contents of the box consisted of 5 individual on-line orders i placed, some of them for multiple items. all but one of the orders was free shipping to my forex address in the states.

i sent forex a list of my online orders and i got a brief informal confirmation email from forex each time one of my orders arrived at forex,. when all of my orders had arrived at forex, forex placed them into one of their boxes and informed me of the charges which i paid thru paypal.

the box departed the usa a couple of days after payment and was delivered 8 weeks later, i was able to track it on the web. their package tracking scans where always posted several days late of the actual scan and the delivery scan wasn't posted until 48hrs after the actual delivery. the box arrived in perfect condition, expertly packed, using the original shipping boxes in some cases. email communications was excellent.

the box measured 16x24x18'' high (maybe 40/50#'s).
    cost: $65usd. it probably would cost more than that to have the box delivered to a neighbor in the states but of course, that wouldn't of taken 8 weeks...

Attached Files:

4. OP
    OP
    daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    Thanks for the info..

5. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    daanlungsod...
    for 1 stop shopping with consumer product reviews, amazon.com is probably the place.

6. OP
    OP
    daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    Price plus shipping rules

Thanks, Norm, that's where we go first before looking elsewhere for better deals. Usually Amazon gets the order, but not for the same keyboard at $60.

7. pfotoguy

pfotoguy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Get a rope

8. pfotoguy

pfotoguy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    What are u putting on the boxes for customs purposes? I noticed a few boxes of wine in your shipping boxes. I thought there was a limit on the about you were allowed.

9. OP
    OP
    daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    Wine, booze, beer are not a restricted items. The Franzia was less than $2 a liter here in unwanted flavors it's about $5 a liter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.