Dumaguete Info Search

A divers wet dream came true - Diving with Dolphins

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by Rhoody, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Great Pic's

There are whale pictures, And the dude is trying to harpoon a goldfish. or launch the torpedo in the hunt for the hairy ginamos.:D only kidding Dude

2. gabrieleda

gabrieleda DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    WOW!

Where was it, how was it? luck or something can be replay?

must be great at least

3. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    It can be done everyday in the Oceanadventurepark in Subic. Non-divers can swim and play with the dolphins.

For the false Killerwhale, it is up to his mood. A good friend of mine just went there and the guy was in a bad mood, so she "only" played with the dolphins under water. But on her 3rd day the false Killerwhale was ok again and she took another dump...
    My latest students just left Duma and are on the way up there after they saw that I still get shiny eyes when talking about it.

cheers

Rhoody

4. gabrieleda

gabrieleda DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    thanks rhoody although it looks a little pricey I'll check if I can plan a 1 day visit after arriving in manila before heading to visayas....

the idea is very attractive.

5. belle

belle DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    diving as kidney patient

hallo,

I used to dive. No certificate, but learned. I was planning to get a certificate until I was found to have kidney diesease. Is it still dangerous to dive=? I am needing a trnasplant in the future.

Thanks,

L.

6. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    This is a question only a dive-doc can answer. Specially kidneys are working much more under pressure. Wouldn't mess around with that and for sure get a medical statement after it has been checked out.

cheers

Rhoody

7. pony

pony DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Rhoody (and everyone else),

If you get a chance, you should try and watch a movie called "The Cove". It is a documentary based film on the capture and mass slaughter of thousands of dolphins in a fishing village in Japan each and every year. This might make you have second thoughts about the captivity of dolphins. I was never was a fan of "swim with the dolphins", but this really reinforced it. If you can't find it, I may bring a copy with me when I visit Mike in March.

More info at;

http://www.savejapandolphins.org/index.php

8. dangkikong

dangkikong DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anda, Bohol has plenty of diving areas too!

Still relatively unknown to the world (probably not yet well advertised), along the coast of the Anda Peninsula (which is from Basdio, the last barangay of Guindulman where a marine sanctuary exists up to the barangay of Badiang in Anda), there are a total of 12 designated diving areas. The dive sites are easily accessible and reward the divers with a whole specter of rich marine life with largely untouched reefs, spectacular drop-offs, caves, grottoes, and magnificent coral gardens - a haven for underwater photographers.

Diving spot numbers 7 and 8, the most frequently visited areas, are just right in front of a partially developed 1.9 hectare property which is up for sale. The following resorts have dive shops: Bituon Beach Resort, Coco White Beach, Blue Star Resort and Dive and Flower Beach Resort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.