Dumaguete Info Search

Alona Kew Resort - Panglao Island, Bohol

Discussion in '☋ Other Destinations in the Philippines and Asia ☋' started by wak-wak, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For my upcoming trip I am trying to find a hotel at Alona Beach on Panglao Island. Unfortunately, it will be high season and I will likely not find a room. However, I am finding info during my search for a room that may benefit others here at DI.

Website: ~ Alona Kew White Beach Resort : Tawala, Panglao Island, Bohol, Philippines

The prices on the website said the rates were good until Nov. 30, 2006. So while asking about a room I asked about the current rates. I was sent 4 Word documents showing the room and tour rates.

2. OP
    OP
    wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alona Kew Resort - Room Rates

Pasted from the Word document.

3. OP
    OP
    wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alona Kew Resort - Island Hopping Package Rates

4. OP
    OP
    wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alona Kew Resort - Countryside Tour 1

5. OP
    OP
    wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alona Kew Resort - Countryside Tour 2

6. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Panglao does get busy this time of year....last trip we actually stayed on Cabilao instead. It was fantastic. MUCH better diving and snorkeling at the Polaris resort on Cabilao than anything we've had at Panglao....although I gotta say, after many trips to Bohol, Panglao is still a very nice spot. Cabilao, is a lot more quiet. But superb diving...much like Balicasag but way easier and quicker to access dive spots...a little cheaper too..

http://www.polaris-dive.com/

We went to Tagbilaran after Cabilao to stay a few days and hired a van and driver (had some relatives with us who hadn't done the 'countryside tour'). It cost us 2500 pesos for the entire day of traveling, doing all the sights, etc..This van was arranged thru the local Bohol tourism office in Tagbilaran. They were very helpful. Price was great too.

7. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Van / Car Rental in Bohol

Those look like fantasy prices, I sure hope nobody would pay that.

We rented a regular taxi of the street at P3500 for the whole day and saw the same sites. P3500 was in the high end actually, but we were in high spirits and the car was nice and new :smile: so we went for it.

But from there to paying per pax. is a long jump

8. OP
    OP
    wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the tip. I am not familiar with the area. The map seems to indicate it is in the Bohol area. My goal was to go with my girlfriend and see the sites for a day.....choc. hills, etc. Then the other day relax on the beach. I will do some reading at your link.

No luck getting a room at Panglao yet. To the credit of Alona Kew, they did reply while the other in my round of emails yesterday have not yet.

Philippine Island Divers did reply too. They were my first try, but no luck. When they said they called around for me with no luck, then I knew I was in trouble.

9. OP
    OP
    wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The room rates appear to be mid to high end for Panglao. I am getting a feel for the prices after looking at numerous sites. They can probably get away with charging those tour prices. People in tourist mode tend to throw away money. :wink:

Charging per person is ridiculous. Should be......one price for one car. I don't mind paying a little extra, within reason, to get a private tour. I tried a group tour before in Palawan and we basically had to go the speed of the group. Not the way to fully enjoy the sites. :(

10. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Hi Wak-wak. Cabilao Island is off the west coast of Bohol, between Bohol and Cebu...much closer to Bohol though...If you want to go there they can pick you up either in Cebu or Bohol. From Tagbilaran their driver can take you to a pier near Loon, a resort boat picks you up there for a twenty-minute (and may I say bloody beautiful) boat-ride...meandering around small islets..to Cabilao. I have no idea about their current booking situation but if you can get there...it is bloody worth it. I'm picky and have been all over the Philippines...and this is the best diving resort I've ever been to (including Australia).

Might add the food there was some of the best I've had anywhere. The pizza nights - best pizza in the Philippines I'm absolutely sure...Franz, the owner is a vegetarian (don't worry they have lots of great meat and fish dishes)...but his veggie dishes almost converted me they were so good.

They can pick you up at the airport in Tag or Cebu or the piers...great crowd. 10/10 for me....I will spend a lot of time there after my (early) retirement...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.