Dumaguete Info Search

Amazing people of Dumaguete.

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Ronondo Rico, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Wretched_hyena, I figured that out already. No problem as long as it ends :smile:
    Forum members can be really amazing on this topic of amazing people (from Dumaguete).
    Look...again... people continue to go on as if nobody has asked to stop. Quite amazing.

I had an amazing experience some days ago. A woman driver hit my car when she tried to drive her car from a parking place to the road I was driving on.
    She hit my car just behind the frontwheel.
    It took some laughing from my side when all 3 women in the car told the policeman that I was driving too hard (it was just before a corner where I had to turn to the right) and that they already were driving on the road.
    The sand at the parking place did clearly have the prints of her carwheels, showing that her car backtires even had not moved to the roadside.
    Her car front-bumber was completely teared off from the car !!!
    I made a picture of it because it had been only fixed at 3 places with some thin wires :D
    Later that week at the police station she had to admit that she was wrong.
    Amazing....her story....even when all the facts indicate a different explanation.
    The good things ? Well....my car had no damage, apart from a little scratch at the wheel cover backside and the husband of the woman asked me if he could teach me Cebuano, because he's a real teacher.

2. logicwings

logicwings DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I was quoting what you typed. "I am glad they lost"

I will not list the total deaths, list the pillaging of cities, towns, and burned, crops destroyed, the depredations against civilians. The Union soldiers acted with an adrenalized frenzy as they marched through the South. They did this to 'free the slaves'?

3. wretched_hyena

wretched_hyena DI Member

Artist
    Ratings:
    +6 / 7
    I'm glad that Hitler lost, too, but that doesn't mean I'm glad people died. You suggested I was glad people suffered and died. I'm glad the south lost the war, I'm glad black people are not slaves and I'm through talking about this on this thread. If you want to continue, start a new thread. I'll not reply on this one again on this subject. Do you not get it?

4. logicwings

logicwings DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

In order for the South to lose many must be killed. Over 1.1 million military on both side were killed. 50,000 civilians in the South were killed or starved to death that includes women and children.

You are glad this happened.

5. logicwings

logicwings DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Too often when it comes to the War between the States and slavery, we hear versions of the truth that are woven from conjecture and narrow perspectives.

6. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Shut up logicwings! Didn't you get what wretched hyena said? You can start a new thread if you want to continue this discussion. This has got nothing to do with the people of Dumaguete. Amen! :D

7. wretched_hyena

wretched_hyena DI Member

Artist
    Ratings:
    +6 / 7
    People of Dumaguete? Were we talking about the people of Dumaguete?
    Ah, they are beautiful, aren't they? I love watching families there. Look at a family on a tricycle some time. Watch their faces. The tie that binds!

8. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    still wondering

I'm still not convinced that people of Dumaguete are really different from other cities in Negros or other provinces in the Philippines.
    I find them also friendly and sympathic (a few exceptions) but are not sure if they really differ.
    Will have to stay some more years to find that out, when travelling more around this country. But is has my heart for sure.
    I'm also believing that the Silliman University with it's variety of students from other countries positively contributes to a good atmosphere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.