Dumaguete Info Search

American type sweet potatoes

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Bebasguy, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bebasguy

Bebasguy DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I've been blessed with more plants than I can possibly ever use. They are the typical orange color and have the slightly sweet flavor you may be used to. Much more tasty than the local camotes. They seem to grow easily, but do need some room to spread. Stick the starters in the ground, add a little complete fertilizer every month or so, harvest in about six months. If you want some, email me at: greberting@yahoo.com.

P.S.: They should not be planted in the same vicinity as camotes as they will soon mutate into the latter.

2. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I have no room or means to grow veggies, but I would be interested in buying some of the sweet potatoes around the holidays to make sweet potato pie in lieu of pumpkin pie (unless someone knows where I can get pumpkin). I tried making camote pie last year and it was just not good. This year I would love some sweet potatoes. Let me know if this would be possible.

3. Dong

Dong DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I made some candied sweet potatoes for the family, using the native variety... Just didn't taste right.

Hope your American style taters don't turn into camotes- lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.