Dumaguete Info Search

An American working in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by 2blackbelts, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    2BB is selling his place and no longer planning on living in Dumaguete. I would post a link but I'm too lazy to do a search of the forums.

2. TKD_master

TKD_master DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TheDude,

thanks for the info....

TKD_master

3. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Then just pay 1000 peso to get a local business license.

Dr. g[/QUOTE]
    Who the hell told you that! Better add a zero to the end then double it at least then you got a good ballpark figure to get a license to start a new business any yearly renewal is close to the same and we wont even get started on taxes:eek:

4. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Dr. Blackbelt,
    Just a thought.....are you aware that your contractor/ Filipino Lessor can break his lease with you ANY TIME he cares to.....(the paper is worthless here as you are a Foreigner = you HAVE NO LEGAL RIGHTS).

I think you had better be very, very careful on what you are doing....sounds as if you are very nieve and willing to spend your money very quickly.....and a Filipino will be able to realize that faster than you can blink your eye....

A Blackbelt or a "DR" in front of your name doesn't necessarily mean you are "Street Smart"..........and believe me....the "Judge" who reviewed your papers will get his commission...this IS NOT Kansas, my fiend, and there are more scams and scammers here than in NYC. As the Hills Street Blues Sgt. used to say: "Be Carefull Out There"

BTW...the percentage of ownership of a Fil corp is 60% Filipipno owned, 40% foriegner owned.

5. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Oh! I forwarded the message (selling his house)of 2blackbelts to my friend who is interested of buying house and lot in dumaguete.But as I read now,he is not a filipino and no filipina wife, also he is not the owner of the lot.So only the house? sounds so complicated.But i will give this infos. to my friend.

6. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    HUh? no filipina wife.

This will not be an easy road for you.. I would try another country making a living in the Philippines is not easy for anyone. it takes a lot of luck.

7. ReBelBiKeR

ReBelBiKeR DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

my 25cents:

besides studying the culture of the locals here, you are so right about the 'luck' part, employmentwise and establishing a successful business, specially here in dumaguete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.