Dumaguete Info Search

Angeles City - Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by tommytnf, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Hi Tichem, welcome to the famous forum of the city of gentle people. I see, you're retiring in PI and Dumaguete is on your list. If you are looking for a place with expat community, Dumaguete is the answer. There is a good size of expat community in Dumaguete and some neighboring towns. Have you been to Dumaguete before? Well, your post says, you've been coming to PI for over twenty years, but did not mention places visited. For your info, Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental was featured in an Island Magazine just recently. Try to open this thread, "Negros Oriental is in The 20 Best Islands to live on" List. You would know a bit of Dumaguete by chatting with the members of this forum and be inquisitive. Good luck. :smile:

2. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    defo get to manilla then a flight fro m there
    I would definatley not recommend duma to a single guy

3. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Hello yabs, how have you been? Why is it yabs that you don't recommend duma to a single guy? His post says, Dumaguete is on his list of places to retire, and he's looking for a small community of expats. :confused:

4. yabs

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    in all my years of travelling i have never come across a town worse for women than dumaguete. challenge number one: find a good looking one
    challnege number two: find one thats available that isn't a skanky disease ridden wh*re
    dumaguete is a very conservative town in a conservative catholic country.
    yes many guys say they like the town for girls but they are usaully on their last legs and spend their whole time with severe beer goggle itis in why not
    "picki ng" up woemn mentioned in challenge 2
    i have talked about this with many people and its way better to get a girl from outside du ma. apart from which living near to the girls family is never a good move.
    I'm sure there a re plenty of nice gilrs at the uni but how do you meet them?
    they certainly don't go to why not and they doin't go to hayahay
    so where do they go?
    maybe el camino?

5. yabs

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    its a nice place to chill out in when there isn't a powewr cut but
    for a lot of the guys who come looking for beer and women i think they are in the wrong place

6. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    G'day Yabs..you've been away but nice to see you back and controversial as ever. All the best from Garbonzo!...Meeting women...LOL...in a million bloody years I couldn't believe that would be hard in Dumaguete....Have you tried a church (trust me there are many great women there)......department stores...restaurants...Not all women hang around bars....and I'm sure you could involve yourself in some uni activity if you really tried (you like ecology, environmental issues, etc - use it).....separate beer and women and the rest will follow its natural course...Good luck...but I doubt you'll need it...

7. yabs

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    you wouldn't belive it but yes i Think its hard to meet the right women in dumaguete. its either ladies of the night or the sort that want marriage
    but you are right
    i've been looking in th e wrong places

8. Gomez

Gomez Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    nasty mask you got there

It's not where you are looking, but the way you look.

9. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Hi again yabs; I'm afraid garbonzo is right. You are a good looking guy, so why don't you get yourself involved socially in civic activities or take classes in a university, if it's not complicated for you. We knew you work, but you always find ways to do it. And we're looking forward for you to tell us that you've found the woman of your dreams. We knew you'll find her. Good luck yabs. :smile:

10. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Gomez, Gomez...... Yabs' avatar may look like that but in reality he is a David Beckham look-alike. By the way, welcome to the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.