Dumaguete Info Search

Annabelles on the Boulevard

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TUYOM

TUYOM DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 4
    yes, Shelby Cobra rocks.

2. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Although i love the summer here but from this month on ,middle of June to end of August asthma symptoms kicks off ,but only very mild .Treatment is not all on inhalers though, i have 2 of them in case , but either back in the Rodophe mountains ,in Bulgaria or back in the Philippines in negros when I don't get whizzy.My asthma symptoms never sits off when in Dumaguete despite the relative pollution people are talking here . Rape seed farms are everywhere here as i suspect I might be allergic to the pollens or even insectisides they used.Sadly, I only have this since I came here in UK.Perhaps too many pollutants in the air than you can get in Dumaguete .

3. Marky

Marky DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    "68 GTO "Judge" would eat both their lunches.

4. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12

I am actually sorry for your wife if she's a pinay.:o

...for having a husband that moans and moans like eternal ,must be pain in the bum.

5. chi town

chi town DI Member Showcase Reviewer Air Force Active Duty

Ratings:
    +47 / 1
    Viper,

Since you had such an unpleasant experience in Dumaguete, I guess we will not have the pleasure of your company in the future. Wow, what a loss!!

Chi Town

6. Dave

Dave DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I owned a modified 1968 Ram Air IV 400 GTO back in the day, sadly it would only get down to the low 14's. Two tons of fun though! Could you imagine driving a car that needed 94 octane high test at 4 miles to the gallon today?!

There have been times that the two cycle oil, diesel and other exhaust pollution made me ill in the Philippines. I got sore throat, burning red dry eyes and headache so I can understand that it could be an issue for some people.
    For every bad thing I have encountered in the Philippines there are at least 1000 good ones!:smile:

7. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    That's right , like looking in a white A4 paper ,if you put a dot on ,it's always the dot you'll always see. There's always the green grass on the other side of the fence.

8. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I find Dumaguete to have relatively little pollution compared to comparable sized cities (like Tagbilaran) - and if you go 5km out of town to Valencia its almost gone completely
    The only places in the Philippines where the exaust fumes bother me to any extent is in and around Cebu City and Manila -
    Where can you find a city of 100.000 or larger in the USA without exaust fumes ?

9. Marky

Marky DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You guys know the term "sour grapes"?

Thats where when somebody can't get what they want (like residing permanently in Dumaguete), they speak disparagingly of the item of their desire.

Ya got to forgive them though, Negros is a first rate place to live.

Isn't it?

10. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I agree with you marky. I was born and raised in Dumaguete, but I now reside in California. We visit home every year. All I can say is Dumaguete is still a great place to be and to die for despite some few incidents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.