Dumaguete Info Search

Annabelles on the Boulevard

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimf

jimf DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 18
    I used to enjoy "H Salt Fish and Chips" here in the states years ago...mmmm mouth watering. Too bad there's none to be found Alan. Hey, do I sense a business opportunity?
    Well, if not then maybe you can start at least making it for yourself?
    I have tried PG tips. Here they are know as, " England's Lipton Tea."

2. Fozzboy

Fozzboy DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Jim, yes i make it myself now and it tastes quite nice, maybe you will try some one day !!.

Liptons is ok, even better when made with fresh milk from the dairy.

Regards Alan

3. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Fish n' Chips, WOW, wrapped in white paper, tear the end off and dig in, find some snags, potato scallops, lemon, squeeze the lemon, Heaven in white News Print paper .. Are those Days really gone ?????

4. Fozzboy

Fozzboy DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes i know what you mean..... maybe open a small Fish n Chip shop here!!

I wonder would many people use it !!!

5. PangitPilot

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Well, let me see, every Brit, Kiwi and Aussie over forty would appreciate it.

Would the kids?? Who knows, I used to look forward to seeing what Dad had bought in the paper. he never let on until we opened them.

I think it really is another world in another time, sadly .. Now if they have them able to be ordered on an Ipad, weeeeellll .. :D

Cheers

6. PangitPilot

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Believe it or not, you can actually get it in Angeles City ... a Few of the good ole boys still trying up there ..

7. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Business opportunity

Alan are you using Milk fish as your ingredient?

I know that is plentyfull in Dumaguete so it would make sense to try that if anyone is serious about a fish 'n chips shop. I was raised in "New England" and we actually had a local fish 'n chips seller who also really wrapped them in newspapers. Fresh Pollock or Cod from the cold Atlantic, how nostalgic but oh so tasty! If you could only eat memories.

8. guitarjohnjohn

guitarjohnjohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my favorite place for 12 ounce curls--don't care for the constant barrage of peddlers. guess it is just part of local color---JL

9. Vicmico

Vicmico DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Hey guys,

just came across a restaurant in Manila (allegedly ran/owned by a Dutchy) called The Buoy in Malate that has Fish & Chips on its menu (Peso 495). When you are in the vicinity you may want to check it out. Full details: Home

Regards,

Vicmico

10. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I too grew up with H Salt Fish and Chips in the 70's and 80's in the Los Angeles area. They still exist although they are few and far in between.The closest one to Me is in Lancaster,Ca about an hour and 15 minutes South from where I live. I'm sure they have a website, curious to see where the remaining ones are..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.