Dumaguete Info Search

Annulment?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Jack Peterson, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    LOL, Or Muslim!

2. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    The question of "What happens to the children?" is a good one. I am personally aware of two cases in which the servants of both God and the People neglected to file certificates of marriage with NSO after performing a marriage. Thus there never was a record of the marriage having occurred.

The fact is discovered many years later. I suspect that the "mistake" was deliberate. Yes, children ARE involved in both cases, as a valid marriage was assumed to have existed.

Maybe the idea of don't ask don't tell has some validity after all!

3. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    It is to the judge to look after all aspects of an annulment.
    An annulment with child(ren) and or property involved becomes much more expensive.
    In most cases property will be reserved for the child(ren) after dead of both parents.
    One of the ex-partners will have the "naked" use of this property untill dead.
    This sometimes lead to real drama where he or she lives in poverty in a (big) house without money for maintenance while the child and/or ex-partner lives in another province or even abroad.

4. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Yesterday I received a response from a top notch lawyer in Cebu for an annulment for my daughter. The prices quoted here seem to be in line with what I was told to expect. Minimum 150,000 total and you do have to see a psychiatrist.

Ain't love grand

5. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Sorry!

:( Sorry to hear that you need this sort of thing, Kids are always a worry I know! Since I started this thread I have learned so much about it. Even yesterday in the local rag it had a piece about costings and such. Seems that the 100.000 I was told about is a little low. I just don't understand the psychiatrist bit. What good will that do if the other party has strayed? and I guess this is 90% of the problems in these cases!:eek:

Jack P.:confused:

6. Ivan

Ivan DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, my partner and myself are going through the process of an anullment now, she has spoken to quiet a few lawyers in dumg, but has decided to use a lawyer in cebu who specalizes in anullments, the cost will be 333,333.00p maybe more by the time the actual date comes around, already we have a physicarist report and then there are 3 hearing dates, we have been told this will take between 4 and 6 months, and at the end of the day, we are still not assured of the anullment being accepted. I hope we are heading in the right direction here, love your city.

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    That is about double the going rate, P100,000 up to P200,000 is the norm.

Larry

8. Ivan

Ivan DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ic, thanks shadow, maybe we need to look into this a bit more, thank you.

9. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    We live and Learn

:confused: This was my original Question! Larry Thank You, the figure of 100.000p, was a shot in the Dark but nearer the truth. I read from 200.000 to over 350.000. Thank You all again for this informative Thread. I will stay married. Love her! :D

Jack P.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.