Dumaguete Info Search

Any Dgte hotels not safe for belongings?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by SurfinUSA, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    SurfinUSA, you have apparently built a stereotype image of us foreigners living in Dgte. Popping off with your pisot pa ka shows your arrogance, ignorance, and lack of class. Some of us are also from the US and don't appreciate the ugly american personality so I would appreciate it if you would change your forum name to SurfinTurd so that you separate yourself from the rest of us.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    well, getting back to some points.

1.) I think the original question is more than ok. Just because 5 people live here does not mean the rest of the few thousand daily visitors of DI are also from here (2/3 are NOT from here but interested in the city) and might not have any security questions, which are more than appropriate, considering different happenings the last weeks....and I am not even talking about the Bus thingy.

2.) Of course the comment of the OP in his reply was not really that smart, totally uncalled for and rather on the stupid side.

Anyway, while I heard nothing about stealing from a room unless it was the own temporary girlfriend, I heard more than once in different Hotels here that guests had to move the room, but were on a daytrip and nobody informed them.

So the staff moved all luggage and some things broke, where of course nobody was responsible for. there goes a 1000 $ camera lens.

Other happenings like the key was not at the frontdesk at 10 pm but with the security guard in the 3rd floor... whatever he had to check in the room... next to strange silence no further explanation given.

3. OP
    OP
    SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I never stated anything about who might speak Cebuano and who wouldn't. That's your interpretation. It's not like it'd be hard to get it translated is it?

I did ask a simple question and got some wise guy answers from a couple Filipinos with crab mentality. So I commented on their lack of maturity in their language.

I don't need lectures on anything from expats who've abandoned their country and have settled for a life on Mars. Tossing insults back and forth is routine over there, I didn't invent the phrase, right?

4. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    just wondering who or which of the 7 previous posters were those...:rolleyes:

5. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    anyway, back to the topic .

you can never be sure but what i normally do is make a list of each single item i have and make duplicates/copies from it, and also stuck the list in the bags too, and of course a copy at home and a copy in my wallet.

and i even make a photo of each single item too.

call that crazy but that is what i do.

AND NO - i am a pinoy and a local and yes, been to only one hotel (for a stay of at least 2 weeks) since 1994 and no single item was lost - Insular Flintlock Hotel < ~~~ very trusty people there)

(have a good weekend!:smile:)

6. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    can with stones is great, in angeles especially, somehow they get in to take phone and wallet. be smart and expect the unexpected.

7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Patty, some old jungle warfare tricks, cans with stones work indoors or outdoors for a precaution, if needed. Piano wire neck high is level 2, also inside or outside. If you are in a real dangerous zone, sharpen (dipped) punji sticks outside your windows is good. But as my friend Manzanita reminds, a shotgun works best.
    But having said all that more or less jokingly, I don't believe Dumaguete is unsafe and tactics or shotguns are necessary. Window grills, however, are needed to deter thiefs.
    Like any city in the world, don't be stupid and go to bad places or bad things might happen.

8. patty

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    I agree, dumaguete is safe it is angeles and manila to be awre of thanks for other strategies

9. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Wise words!

10. patty

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    there is brownout? dumaguete is safe it is angeles and manila that is in question
    :smile::smile: and now thunder another brownout approaching?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.