Dumaguete Info Search

Anyone else seen something 'different' in the Apo area?

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by ViperACR, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Well to be very honest , as you know i come from the Netherlands ,and some of the women there do resembled the Duyong . In other words ;which is which..(lol). As you know even a month ago or so a Whale shark was killed. The Gov or Major of Cebu however promised (on TV) that if and when they would catch the fisherman , he would end his days behind bars. But then again it might just be cheap propaganda on TV , diba.. On this item Cebudiver ,we seem to be very much having the same opinion .

2. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    What is wrong with you, when I speak about a mermaid and you think I am talking about the girls of Apo, cant you see what is serious or not.

What is wrong with you mind, I am only comming for diving to Apo and of course for the T-shirt lady's

Greetings J.Diver

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Just came back from Apo and yes indeed, I found a mermaid, cought in one of the countless fishtraps in this "protected" area which are on top of now broken table corals.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    sorry, but if somebody thinks the "mermaids" in burgos are cheap, then it shows, that this person has no real clue about this part of the culture in this country.
    I can't judge if this cultur is good, bad or sad, but it is existing and one of the reasons why people travel to the philippines. long time before diving became famous ...

but I also wanna post a picture of what I saw today.... just guess what it is?

Attached Files:

5. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    For Diver :My remark was NOT PERSONAL !! I have just made the post in order to show what tourism can lead to.. Girls dressed up to attract more and more people that are less serious of what the field of diving is all about.Please check my profile to find out what my profession is and judge then.
    Second to Rhoody . Yes I am not aware of the prices of girls in Burgos , I do believe reading your post you are !! I am a married man and feel no need in order to go there .... Once again a " fine " attraction for tourist just as you claim. Coming to judge whether I know something about the culture of this country , May I remind you of the fact that you are a tourist ,AND I LIVE HER ALREADY MANY YEARS ! Also for you ,check my profile and my posts on marinelife topics... Your picture is just a detail and not the entire animal.It well could be the eye of some kind of Octopodidae .A full size body picture would be easier to identify...

6. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Earlmj

Profession has nothing to do with aditute, remind you of some presidents of the US.
    And I found your remarks a personal atack to me., and the only nice girl I know on Apo is Namina she is the girl who collecting the money for the diving fee, and the girlfriend of Mike an older and long divemaster of seaexplorers

And I always take dropjes from my contry for her coz she is the only girls in the Philippines who loves them, and if you see her before I come over in may give her my greetings and also toe Mike.

Greetings J.Diver

7. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Once again , it was just my opinion that although it was not your intention , some people ,and likely even a LOT ,will just go over to the sanctuary to see the girls swim around and not minding the fragile coralworld as they are not serious invloved with such...
    By the way , I am a Ducthman too , and my two kids LOVE Drop , Sunday we get guests over again and they willl bring several kilos. May two kids can eat somm 500 grams per day . NO NEED TO COOK DINNER !!

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    HI Earl,
    you're outing yourself with your argumentation.
    If somebody lives "such a long time "here then I really must say that you are obviously in a different world.
    I appologize to be here in this beautiful country only 6 years (wherever you got any other information from). And I also live with my lovely Lady and her cute daughter together (but only 2 years in Duma now). But like you reminded me that i am only a tourist, I am talking (and listening)to people When you wanna know a country then it's a good idea to be in touch with the locals and not only hanging around in expat-communities. And then you will hear a lot about everything and each part of the culture. also in your and my country...the Dutch smoking culture or the Bavarian beer-drinking culture as well (again like in a earlier posting, I don't judge if this is good or bad).
    BTW i am NOT the Atl manager.
    ... A few 100 dives on apo and I never saw the local ladies swimming in Bra's, in fact, they cover there whole body to hide from the sun... When they go swimming they were t-shirts. so far to your knowledge as a long time resident...:rolleyes:
    :D Close this topic now ... and FRIENDS AGAIN ???:D
    Just let me know when you come down to Duma and we can meet, I guess we will have a good time and nice discussions.

Your right and it is just a detail of the flathead, what makes it very interesting is the eye-lid. On the whole picture I thought it is just a reflection of something, but then I had a closer look and saw that it grew like that.
    Earls wish my command, so here the whole picture, but i could not get the fish in the frame, i was equiped for Macro.... but I wanted to show the members here a very interesting detail. I will post 2 more of another nice detail when I took a pic of a Nudi (to avoid confusion in some forum member's thoughts... I don't mean naked girls...:p )
    Hi diver, I thought Mikes girlfriend is Vema (or Vima), he is my neighbour and she is shopping with my Mahal today in D-city... If I send my regards from you (diver) she probably don't know who you are...

getting ready to dive now, have a great day

Rhoody

Attached Files:

9. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thank you Rhoody , glad to read that we can still look eye to eye on marriage and other serious matters , indeed.:smile: I am sure that we will have lots in common and will have hopefully manny meetings all about the marinelife around Negros.I already wanted yesterday evening to post a "second opinion " reply on WHAT IS THIS , but as I told you a full picture will make identification very simple . The eye does belong to the fish common names POPEYE SEA GOBLIN ( INIMICUS DIDACTYLLUS) and its a kind of fish belonging to the family of Scorpidontidae . In other words DON,T TOUCH !!
    They come in several body shapes and many colors. I have attached some pictures of the fish in full. Please compare the eyes and you will see it's a full match, indeed..Sea Goblins are GROUND DWELLERS and can eat fish of their own size. I used to have some of these fish many many years ago. That is some 30 years I believe.. well looking at my profile you will find I am a lolo already:D :D
    Hope you like the pictures . And do us all a favor , SEND MORE !!!!!

Attached Files:

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    nice shots Earl, the common name for those in the INIMICUS DIDACTYLLUS wich are mostely used down here are devil Fish, Indian walkman or Demon Stinger, and if I look at my posted picture it could be one, but really, it's flathead. I was not able to find the right one, first i was going in the fringe-lip flathead direction(no Idea about the scientific name, but family of: platycephalidae i think) but it was bigger than it. As I am not a marine Biologist I am happy for all suggestion

and now like promised another lucky shot, also a part of a picture...

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.