Dumaguete Info Search

Are you ready for the boom ?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by loftyone, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sneakerpete

sneakerpete DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    foreigners are always welcome but dumaguete doesn't need more than what it has now. having lived in cebu for more than 20 years, i embrace all there is in dumaguete. walking along perdices is definitely better than riding jeeps; malling (esp. when broke, which is most of the time) is nothing compared to taking a stroll at the blvd. (love it during the night!); pedicabs are more reliable (and cheaper!) than taxis; lee super plaza, cang's and scooby's are just fine; hayahay is cool; 20 pesos for 2 movies at the park vs. p130 for one show in ayala saves at least 2 kilos of rice. here, i take 3 rides to get to work when the distance is same to that of silliman unversity to bethel. i could walk if i wanted to but i can't inhale the bad air. there, life is simpler, but meaningful. to stuff every mall, resto and anything-you-can-think-of in a small place would mean total disaster. might as well go to the larger cities where every whim can be satisfied. i think true blue dumagueteños prefer to keep things the same. and i'd say the city's natural beauty must really be kept. pedicabs included.

2. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I agree .......and let all the tricycles be well maintained in a hugh museum :smile:

3. kinhason

kinhason DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Before Dumaguete and its nearby area gets to be one darn mess with a fast build up without the infrastructure ready for additional inhabitants, the municipalities must have strategic overall plan for the amount and pace of the development or it will become just another paradise that went the other way...
    K

4. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Well, probably Dumaguete will suffer quality of life long term, speaking of the city proper. However the neighboring rural communities still will offer an outstanding quality of life for expats. There are so many out of the way quiet retreats to visit or live.
    Dumaguete city is doomed or blessed, depending on your outlook, to fast growth. Your points are well taken, but sadly there is no "plan" it seems.

5. kinhason

kinhason DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you ready for the boom?

Yes, the outskirts of Dumaguete offer lots of choices for the future.
    K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.